corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TAX!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TAX!?
kz

User status: Offline
15th May 08 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got my TAX renue through today. i drive a 99 206 GTi, and taking 6 months as an example i due to pay £101.75

this has gone up from last time. and strangely enough to two people i work with had their TAX also up within the last few weeks. one drives a 06 Megane 2.0 Turbo (not the renault sport one!) and the other guy a 93 Impreza Turbo. both are paying less TAX than me!?

iirc £85 or so for 6 months. does anyone know of a table with current TAX rates? as i thought that...

a) new cars were getting fucked over, so 06 compared to 99 he should be paying more than me, and

b) a turbo Impreza, with a much higher insurance group should surely be paying more than me as well?

im a bit confused... any help much appreciated!
deano87

15th May 08 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being a 1999 car, it's done on engine size.But your tax would have gone up.

Your friends Megane is done on emissions because it's a 2006 car. Even though it may have higher emissions than yours, it will be less purely because of the system.

The Impreza, in theory, should be the same on tax as yours, considering yours is over a 1500cc car?!

And insurance group has nothing to do with tax what so ever.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th May 08 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Boss's Bora has gone up to £210 this year.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
kz

15th May 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Being a 1999 car, it's done on engine size.But your tax would have gone up.

Your friends Megane is done on emissions because it's a 2006 car. Even though it may have higher emissions than yours, it will be less purely because of the system.

The Impreza, in theory, should be the same on tax as yours, considering yours is over a 1500cc car?!

And insurance group has nothing to do with tax what so ever.

thanks. so i guess the new system does help some people then... i thought in general it made it worse for new cars

very strange about the impreza though? the impreza and megane are paying exactly the same rates btw
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th May 08 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be worse for new cars if they let out high emissions of CO2. The less it is, the less you pay, and if it's under 100 whatsits (forgotten the unit) then you don't pay tax, but there's only like two cars at the mo that do that or something.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
richc

15th May 08 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
It will be worse for new cars if they let out high emissions of CO2. The less it is, the less you pay, and if it's under 100 whatsits (forgotten the unit) then you don't pay tax, but there's only like two cars at the mo that do that or something.

Well so it should be like that. Should of been done like this all alonge. Like my dad drives a shitty 1.6 fait and people in range rovers were paying the same!
Ben G

15th May 08 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go tell mr brown.
James_DT

15th May 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Impreza owner would have paid £101.75 if he taxed his car after the 13th March.
deano87

15th May 08 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagree with the emissions based tax.

The VW Polo BlueMotion pays £0 tax. YET, it uses the same roads, the same street lamps and so in, causing just as much ware and tare on the streets, but doesn't pay tax.

Our roads are in bad enough condition as it is, so imagine if everyone bought a VW BlueMotion and didn't pay tax.

Paying no tax at all, then paying it all via petrol wouldn't work, because the price increase in petrol would no doubt, work out yearly, more than 12 months tax.

Swings and round abouts really. If you want pretty consistent tax prices, either buy a very economical car by CO2 standards, or a pre-2001 car.
JM_16v

15th May 08 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was £180
Simon_16v

15th May 08 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine will be £120 next month....
Colin

15th May 08 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£120 for a year currently I think, im gonna be 400 next year if I change cars to the one Im wanting

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TAX!? 24 database queries in 0.0119140 seconds