corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa c20let f28 speedo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c20let f28 speedo
stoner_corsa

User status: Offline
17th May 08 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just converted my w plate corsa b to a c20let with an f28 6speed gearbox, the clocks are electric type and the box is mechanical i have the astra gte speedo sender fitted but the clocks are about 30-40mph out, when im in 6th on the by pass doin 70 next to another car it reads between 30 and 45, can i use a diff speedo drive?? has anybody else had the same problem?

ive heard something about changing the speedo ring in the box? anybody done this or know what i can use as the box is out of the car being refurbed.

cheers dave
Alex16v

17th May 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright bud its alex with the starlet. Have a look at the set up in tom (chuckies) car when he is down the unit next.

As i had the same set up when i converted VKX to a c20xe and it was perfect. Although im not 100% sure which sender i used. Should have a code on it somewhere, or i think he would lend it you to try it out.

Only thing that may be different is that its a f28 not f20.

Good luck with it anyway.
luke85

17th May 08 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To change the speedo ring the box has to come out again and it will be a big job for you. If you dont have a speedo cable and are using an electronic setup you can use a speedohealer, thats the way I got round it. Set it to add 50% to the speed and its bang on, you can calibrate it with a sat nav to within 0.1%
DAZ1985

17th May 08 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you get them from luke?
luke85

17th May 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant remember where I got mine because its been a while now. They are intended really for use on motorbikes when you change the sprocket setup to keep it accurate but work fine on cars too.

Just done a search and you can get one Here for £50 (mines the V3 cos i got it that long ago)
DAZ1985

17th May 08 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't know how to wire that in
luke85

17th May 08 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 wires if I remember right, dead easy. Fitted mine behind the clocks.

Ignition switched live
Ground
Signal in
Signal out

All of which are eay to find behind the clocks
stoner_corsa

17th May 08 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mite look into that but the box is out the car now being checked/rebuilt by a gearbox centre but were unsure wether theyll be able to get a new ring, anybody know where i could get one from?

New Poll