corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine swop help please ???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine swop help please ???
dopydanny08

User status: Offline
25th May 08 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive put a 1.6 16v in a m8s car today and everything is wierd up as it should b part from i havnt changed the dash loom i.e from the box in pass foot well to behind the dash connected the battery bk up and theres nothing on the dash any ideas any1 please would b very greatfull kinda stuck now ??
keznmike

25th May 08 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine was it mate
dopydanny08

25th May 08 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 8v where the box is in the pass foot well hasnt got all the connectors for the new head lamp llom
keznmike

25th May 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds like u are missing an earth some where to me pal will it fire
Ren

25th May 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You copied it from help zone, you could of at least put some punctuation in it

Sorry, I'm a bad person.
dopydanny08

25th May 08 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha fair play and in response to keznmike theres no dash lights or power goin to anything on the dash i.e hazards cd player n so on
luke85

25th May 08 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont have to touch the dash loom for an engine change, its just a few wires in the drivers footwell to the ECU. Do you have anyone clued up on electronics? shouldnt take someone with a multimeter long to find the problem.

Are you sure all the wires have been put on the battery properly and that its charged up? And the earths from the battery to the bulkhead and battery to engine are on ok?
dopydanny08

26th May 08 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea ive check them and everything seems ok gunna have another gd look today n c wat i can do had to change the headlight loom as the vacum and gear box plug is in the new loom not old 1 but was worried as its got bout 19 pins and the incar side only has about 10
Adam B

26th May 08 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a lil play and still nothing but ive found a white plug with 6 pins in not conected to anything dose any1 no what its for and where abouts it gose thanks danny
dopydanny08

26th May 08 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finaly got the dash lights on engine managment light cums up and thn starts flashing but nothing happens when i turn the key is this cause of the immoboliser or sumthing now reli stuck only thing i can think of is changin the dash loom so that the imob is pluged in and so is the 6pin plug i mentioned about as thats in the dash loom HELP NEEDED ASAP PLEASE ??????????
luke85

26th May 08 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do not touch the dash loom, your engine management light is flashing because the new ECU needs to see its matching transponder pickup and chip from the key, If you havent got these then you need a new ECU which has them with it.

But even like that the engine should turn over so you have another problem somewhere, did you connect up the strater loom under the bonnet that does the alternator light, oil light and starter motor?
Adam B

26th May 08 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as regards to Luke85 the dash loom has got to be changed because the transpeonder and everything is complete to th dash loom, and theres another live on the new loom that needs connecting because there is a 6 pin plug going to the starter motor
dopydanny08

26th May 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car in q didnt hav a transponder or anything b4 as its on a k reg so only way could think of doin it was chaingin the dash loom wish im in the process of doin and should b done 2moro hopfully as its becoming abit of a pain in the but

New Poll