corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tips on fitting an ibiza splitter

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tips on fitting an ibiza splitter
Bennn

User status: Offline
28th Mar 03 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought one today - can any one advise me on any problems i may encounter/ give me a step by step guide to fitting it in terms of cutting etc. Im about to go out on the lash and will be fitting it with a hangover and dont want to have to think about it too much
Bennn

29th Mar 03 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bollox
glasgow_corsa_c

29th Mar 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bennn
bought one today - can any one advise me on any problems i may encounter/ give me a step by step guide to fitting it in terms of cutting etc. Im about to go out on the lash and will be fitting it with a hangover and dont want to have to think about it too much

THIS IS THE WAY I DONE IT::
basically just chop it in half so its equal in length on both sides. offer one half up to ur car so the curve of the splitter fits up against the curve of ut bumper.Where the middle of ur bumper is u'll probably notice that the splitter over hangs this, so basically just chop that part off. u will probably have to chop part of the splitter where the bumper meets the wheel arch as it will stick into ur wheel. I secured mine (when i had it on) with sum self-tappers. Alternatively if u want it really secure, u could put nuts & bolts instead of self-tappers.
Hope this helps u mate.
wainey

29th Mar 03 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why chop it in half? mine went on without chopping it in half, just had to cut back the corner pieces like u said as they hang over the edge of the wheel arch!
vauxtillidie

29th Mar 03 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same here no need for choppin it in half

New Poll