corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Oh Just great.................(update may have found the car responsible)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oh Just great.................(update may have found the car responsible)
James_DT

User status: Offline
5th Jun 08 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
colin any claim, even if its a £0 no claim accident will count against you. I still have to declare mine nearly 3years ago now and cost insurance nothing but i still pay more! Insurance companies are cunts.

My girlfriend has 2 accidents against her record, but because neither of them resulted in a claim then neither my insurance company or hers put either of our premiums up.

Sucks when people drive into you and scarper. We were sat in my other half's car in a car park once, and some daft old bint in a people carrier pulled alongside and hit our car as she swung in. Made a noise, there was no way you'd be able to not know you hadn't done it, and she just got out and walked off into the shop. I left it in the end as it did more damage to the other person's car, and the other half wasn't bothered.
Then, about an hour later in another car park, she stopped to let someone out of a space, and some idiot in another space (that she was blocking) reversed straight into her because he wasn't looking behind him (his own admission).
2 bumps that weren't her fault in the space of an HOUR.
(They're not the 2 accidents declared to the insurance. She didn't cause the 2 above and no claims were made so we didn't tell them)
Andrew

5th Jun 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bastards Colin

I've got a few dents on my doors where twats have hit it. No-one seems to care about other people's things anymore.
Cole

5th Jun 08 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the person will be charged with hit and run only if the car park does not have direct access on to a main road ie no dropped kurb etc if it has no direct access to main rd police will do nothing i know tis from personal experience i had a similar incident where i hit a car in an unlit carpark which i thought was private got out of car with it being dark saw no damage and left 2 days later police turned up at my work arrested me for hit and run i had to give my insurance details etc so person could claim thought nothing of it for ages as the person dropped the charges but crown decided to prosecute anyway i got 6 points and £180 fine
Jambo

5th Jun 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

James it will still be on your record and when you renew your insurance you will pay more than you would with no accident. trust me
James_DT

5th Jun 08 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
James it will still be on your record and when you renew your insurance you will pay more than you would with no accident. trust me

I have renewed. I just did a quote on Direct Line's website, one with her accidents declared and one without. Exactly the same.
RS6

5th Jun 08 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck me colin that car is cursed its taken more beating than a banger car!

get shot unlucky golf!
LeeM

6th Jun 08 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll see if i can do a mid search at work and get all his insurance details if you want? not sure if its breaching dpa thoug if neither of you are a client, but i can check!
also i'd be claiming for the wheels too, so what it costs him more they cost you money why should they look scabby?
Colin

6th Jun 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be ace if you could do that
Fad

6th Jun 08 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin I would inform your insurance company of the incident however dont claim. When it comes to the owner disputing the accident this is where you will use your legal cover.

I sued the last person who hit me and will be doin it this time expecting a brand new car next week too whilst mines getting repaired.
LeeM

6th Jun 08 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u me the reg i'll check when i get back mate, i can get insurer, branch and policy number for u

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Oh Just great.................(update may have found the car responsible) 23 database queries in 0.0108399 seconds