corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » good way of getting a deposit if you have no deposit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author good way of getting a deposit if you have no deposit?
Twiggy

User status: Offline
   29th May 08 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I herd that there was a house forsale with a cash back scheme? so that when the house was bought they got 5% cash back as their deposit? but how can they get the mortgage without the deposit first?

can anyone explain?

[Edited on 29-05-2008 by Twiggy]
Ian
Site Administrator

30th May 08 at 01:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might find this type of things on new builds. Just adjustment of the paperwork so it looks like you're contributing so much cash and so much mortgage, when in fact the builder forgets about the cash bit.

You're left with a 90% mortgage paying for all of what you agreed to pay for the house.

Your stamp duty and council tax banding are still based on the higher amount.

Probably less common lately.

[Edited on 30-05-2008 by Ian]
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

30th May 08 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one thing to note, only limited lenders will agree to these schemes currently
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Jun 08 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just bought a property using a scheme where the builders (redrow) lent me 15% of the value, so I only needed an 85% mortgage, then pay the 15% off seperately over 10 years with no interest.

This saves me quite a chunk of interest, but also means my monthly outgoings are quite heavy for the first 10years (or however long it takes me to pay off the 15%). I'm essentially getting a 100% mortgage, can use all my savings on furnishings etc but It was relatively easy to get hold of since most 'true' 100% mortgages have now been pulled.

edit: I used the redrow recommended financial advisors at 'Mortgage Talk' who found me the Abbey as a lender which agrees with this particular scheme.

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll