corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ecu fault codes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ecu fault codes
george

User status: Offline
6th Jun 08 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

L corsa sri 8v, was overfuelling very badly have been doing about 125 mils to a tank. ive done the paperclip test (was easier than i thought) and have had these faults appear. need help with where to locate them and how to repair or if it would be easier to change the wireing loom as i assume its a wireing fault because of low voltage.

71 air temperature sensor (ATS) fault: low voltage

34 manifold absolute sensor (MAP) fault: low voltage

22 throttle potentiometer sensor (TPS) fault: low voltage

all help appreciated

thanks
SRI-LEE

6th Jun 08 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

him ate sorry cant help but how did you do teh paper clip test i attemted it and cudnt jot down how many times it flashed was to fast lol ?
george

6th Jun 08 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it repeats each code three times. there is a pause between each fault code http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm#gm
george

8th Jun 08 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up
luke85

8th Jun 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id go down the scrap yard and pick up those 3 sensors from another car, wont cost you much and its worth a try before going any further
Will94

8th Jun 08 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its reading low voltage from all 3 i'd say chances are you have a bad earth somewhere. some of the earth connections on the loom near the throttle body are crimped uninsulated, so after a while they corrode and can break easily.

I did a paperclip test and came up with a hole list of sensors with "low voltage" traced it back to a broken earth lead
george

9th Jun 08 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after changing a few sensors. its now reading high voltage. would this be down to bad earthing?
Will94

9th Jun 08 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its reading high on all of em then its a fault somewhere in the loom where all of em are connected i should think. dont see why all of the sensors would be going screwy with the same fault reading
george

9th Jun 08 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the thing ive taken the loom off my other sri which i know was fine, and its only the map sensor and air temp sensor

New Poll