corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Relocating Battery to boot.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Relocating Battery to boot.....
Dave-Creations

User status: Offline
13th Jun 08 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How hard is this to do? and is there a properly detailed guide into doing it please???
Stu_22

13th Jun 08 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got to extend the live wire, and secure it down in the boot
Dave-Creations

13th Jun 08 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but do you run the wire from where the cable originally connected to the battery or not???
Superlite Ltd.

13th Jun 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
supremefaulk

13th Jun 08 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you just get some big gauge wire, connect the two positives together, and wire and earth for the boot battery in the boot is it?
[im looking at two batterys, maybe] or would you have to just connect positive-positive, and neg-neg on the two batterys???

or would i be better off just putting a transit, or other high capacity battery in, as I only want two due to a powered sub and amped front speakers going in the car soon.
Thanks

[Edited on 13-06-2008 by supremefaulk]
pow
Premium Member

13th Jun 08 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Connect all the positive wires to some heavy gauge cable, run that to the relocated battery.

Then earth the earth stuff in the engine bay, and earth the battery in the boot
craig8
Premium Member

13th Jun 08 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave Creations - Get a fused splitter box for the front to connect all lives up to under the bonnet and your best putting a fuse on it, run a thick guage cable to the boot (i would put a fuse here also) and connect to battery, earth in the boot

supremefaulk - what you are asking is something different, to put two batterys in you need a split charge system, which you wont need unles you are running a high power sound system

E36 328
Dave-Creations

13th Jun 08 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

craig8 your a legend, answered the question perfectly you wouldnt be able to provide some sort of detailed step by step guide with pics would you??? just to make my life easier???? no bothers if you cant, il find something somewhere, what guage cable would you recommend???
supremefaulk

13th Jun 08 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good to me, much less work to just get a nice new battery just in case I think.
Thanks a lot craig!! top man
broster
Premium Member

14th Jun 08 at 04:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig8
Dave Creations - Get a fused splitter box for the front to connect all lives up to under the bonnet and your best putting a fuse on it, run a thick guage cable to the boot (i would put a fuse here also) and connect to battery, earth in the boot

supremefaulk - what you are asking is something different, to put two batterys in you need a split charge system, which you wont need unles you are running a high power sound system

what fuse you going to use, the starter will kill it every time!
craig8
Premium Member

14th Jun 08 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:

good point, didnt think about that

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

14th Jun 08 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave-Creations
craig8 your a legend, answered the question perfectly you wouldnt be able to provide some sort of detailed step by step guide with pics would you??? just to make my life easier???? no bothers if you cant, il find something somewhere, what guage cable would you recommend???

ive only ever done the spit charge system, that was just how i would go about doing the job

E36 328
broster
Premium Member

15th Jun 08 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:

good point, didnt think about that

run it to a kill switch inside the car then thru the bulk head to the charging/starting system etc
Siberia

15th Jun 08 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy this... its ment for a nissan but i cant see any reason why it wont fit a corsa.... i have one.. its great

http://www.db-power.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=389&products_id=588

New Poll