corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Headunit inputs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Headunit inputs
antnee

User status: Offline
13th Jun 08 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With a headunit that has a 3.5mm input socket would it work (If I got the right lead) if I plugged an electric guitar into the input? So using the car audio system as an 'amp' for the guitar?
jacko198

14th Jun 08 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seriously doubt that.
Didnt think you could even get a 3.5mm jack for a guitar
12vMatt

14th Jun 08 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant see why it wouldnt work.
it would probably be a bit quiet though as the input on the headunit would probably be expecting an already amplified input
antnee

14th Jun 08 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get the right leads, it shouldn't be quiet as the input is usually for ipod's etc which have a low voltage output
KIFF

16th Jun 08 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you would need to amplify the signal before it gets to the head unit. as the signal from the guitar pick ups is very low. best thing to do is get hold of one of those mini belt clip on marshal amps and use that is boost the signal. i think they run off aa bateries and you could use the head phone output to link it into the head unit. If i remeber correctly they tried doing this once on pimp my ride and i think thats how they did it.
Corsa_Quadz

17th Jun 08 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or have an effects pedal before the input into the head unit EG a xoom 707 or something and it can run off batteries so you dont need to fiddle about with any wiring

New Poll