corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone ever been fined for not taxing a car?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone ever been fined for not taxing a car?
M2RTY

User status: Offline
29th Jun 08 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my girlfriend scrapped a car 12 months ago and swares blind she sent off the log book to have it scrapped. since then she has moved house, and last week went back to get some old post to find a final reminder for an £80 for not taxing the car or declaring it SORN for the next 12 months

She rang DVLA and they asked her to write to them. Anyone ever had a fine overturned?

Thanks
Colin

29th Jun 08 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The scrappers should have sent off the V5 to say its been disposed of.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jun 08 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got done for a car while it was in bits and quite blatantly not road-worthy. I did phone at the time but they were adamant that because I didn't fill in some bullshit form and post it to them I had to pay money. I would imagine you could successfully argue that you sent the stuff and they ballsed it up. I'm sure there are people said that in the past and got off with it, it's actually quite likely the DVLA would either take months to process it or lose it all together.
danward

29th Jun 08 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to pay a fine recently. Sold a Corsa to mate, who sold it to a mate... bascially the forms never got sent off like I thought they had been and I ended up having to pay for the b*gger! I sent several letter explaining but they just weren't having it, in the end they only charged me £40 but thats money I shouldn't have to spend.
dannymccann

30th Jun 08 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danward
I had to pay a fine recently. Sold a Corsa to mate, who sold it to a mate... bascially the forms never got sent off like I thought they had been and I ended up having to pay for the b*gger! I sent several letter explaining but they just weren't having it, in the end they only charged me £40 but thats money I shouldn't have to spend.

You send off the logbook, not the person who buys it off you
M2RTY

30th Jun 08 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I absolutly hate the DVLA too, Ian

The letter they wrote basically calls her nothing short of a criminal!

I have wrote a letter to them for her to post today, fingers crossed we shall see what happens....

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone ever been fined for not taxing a car? 23 database queries in 0.3981242 seconds