corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » xbox + orange broadband + though laptop = Not working

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xbox + orange broadband + though laptop = Not working
Shane

User status: Offline
30th Jun 08 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant get my 360 to connect through my laptop to the internet(through orange broadband router) when i test the connection it knows its wired, but the ip fails. even if i put it in manually, and when i look on my network places on the laptop it finds the xbox,

anyone had this problem, or can anyone shed any light on it please. As i NEED!!! to get it online to play GTA
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've turned on ICS for that connection haven't you?
Shane

30th Jun 08 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i have, but im not at home so not able to check, was just hoping for some ideas so as soon as i get home i can sort it out
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as ICS is turned on for that connection then it should just find an IP and work.

When I was settin up mine through vista, I missed out a bit on the ICS where you have to select "Home networking location" below. Just make sure that says "local area network". That fixed mine anyway.
Shane

30th Jun 08 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive worked out that its my laptop thats the problem. connected it to another laptop and it worked straight away, does any one knoe of a way to reset everything so it goes back to normal?

New Poll