corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What to do, what to do.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What to do, what to do.
k dub

User status: Offline
6th Jul 08 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afternoon all, Ive been reading corsasport.co.uk for a while now and was about to start a project thread but someone smashed in to me with a nova rendering the car as a cat c write off, this is the third time its been written off with 6 previous owners.

My car was (well still is) a black corsa sport 1.4, sitting on cesaros powder coated anthracite with glitter through them (makes them look a really nice deep blue or grey at certain angles). To repair the car id need a front bumper, n/s wing, bonnet, n/s headlight and more than likley a slam panel!

Worried about the costs of getting the parts together and then getting them all painted put me off repairing it. The car and engine is at 65000 miles and is a 99 on an irish plate. The body work was (still is after the a pillar) absolutley immaculate with not a touch of rust anywhere (not even round the base of the spoiler/wiper hole ). But the interior is pretty tatty with a few ciggarette burns here and there.

I got hold of a very cheap corsa sport 1.4 on a 2000 (w) plate in star silver with 74000 miles for £300 with no accident history and 2 lady owners which was overheated 5 times in the same day and has siezed the engine. The body work on this one could do with some repairs, the tail gate has started to bubble and rust is coming through the paint, theres a large cut in the bonnet which has rusted and also on the drivers door next to the handle, the front bumper is also cracked. But the interior is like new, i cant fault it at all, the drivers seat is like its never been sat in.

The 2 cars have sat in my driveway now for 2 months and im at a loss racking my brain thinking what to do. do i just take the engine out the black one and put it in the silver one and spend money repairing the rust? or do i use the wing, headlights, bonnet and put them on the black one, then swap the interior!?

Easiest option would be to swap the engine, would take no time at all but im just not sure on star silver!? I think black looks the damage! I dont think ive ever seen a nice corsa in star silver or on black (well dark..) cesaros?

All help mucho appreciated i just need to get my car on the road again and im sick of going out to start the job and then change my mind again!

If someone could post some lovley star silver 3 door's on dark 15's aswell id be overly greatfull!
l15ter

6th Jul 08 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woo seems your a bit stuck there, if you get pictures up it would help people help you, but i would go for swaping engines over so you at least have a car to drive, also put the cesaros on the silver corsa, would look good, then the black one sell for spares or repairs or strip it down and sell parts and scrap the shell, that will give you money to fix the body work on the silver one..hope that helps
k dub

6th Jul 08 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May be best to leave them both lieing there, ive lost a stone and a half since crashing as ive been cycling or jogging to work .

I just dont know if i like star silver :\ I cant find pics of nice ones XD
l15ter

6th Jul 08 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have a good point what with petrol price going to stupid prices
Fraser Young

6th Jul 08 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it were my, I would go with the Silver one and engine swap.

The key being the black one has been written off 3x. In my mind that is enough history for one car, and renders it effectively worthless....

At least with the silver one, you'll have a car, a bit of a project and at the end of the day, you'll be able to sell it on.
k dub

6th Jul 08 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats very true ma man! The only thing that is holding me back is that i love black corsas to much (theres just something about them!) and havnt really seen many silver ones! Im trying to find some pics of a star silver 3 dr with spoiler + colour coded arches etc on dark wheels, im struggling tho!

[Edited on 06-07-2008 by k dub]
l15ter

6th Jul 08 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask for one of those photoshop thingys lol, but dnt let colour hold u back, mines is f~~king flame red, i hate it lol but it look clean and tidy and gets me about with out and problems
k dub

7th Jul 08 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can photoshop no problem, just cant be assed!
Dean_W

7th Jul 08 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try Rob B's garage. He had a lovely star silver 1.6

k dub

7th Jul 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck it, going out to start ripping engine out the black one! Ordered carbon ventless bonnet today so wont have to repair the rust on the current one lol.

Ill take the black bootlid and drivers door from the black one and chuck them on that sorts all the rusted bits, will just need to get them painted when my mates doing the arches.

Just need to get a front bumper without a crack now.

I take it i can easilly take the clocks showing 65000 out the black one and straight swap them in to the silver one???

BTW heres that pic that decided it for me! Not that ill be body kitting mine but it just looks sexyyy.

[Edited on 07-07-2008 by k dub]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What to do, what to do. 24 database queries in 0.0106890 seconds