corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » I had it but lost it! And now i'm gutted

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I had it but lost it! And now i'm gutted
wilson_lodge

User status: Offline
31st Jul 08 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

First time poster, had a T reg corsa since nearly new and its been a great car but I needed an upgrade!
So off to network Q i went. Anyway... They gave me a fair price part - ex and i had a look round and saw a perfect one by luck i really liked. Bargained down and agreed to do it. It was spare of the moment stuff.

I put my deposit down got all excited and drafted the funds out of my icer! (not easy!) increased my insurance (not easy!) and was all ready for it. I went in the next day to pay and they said they'd already sold it! Absolutely gutted. Surely they can't do this if i'd put the deposit down, it says its legally binding on the paper I signed. Fell in love with that car too and it was sitting there all ready to go when I went in to pay to add insult to injury! Is there anything I can do by way of complaining? Should they give me a REALLY good deal? Any advice welcome. Thanks for reading.

Jenna x

[Edited on 31-07-2008 by wilson_lodge]
Steve X16XE

31st Jul 08 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm go in there shouting and screaming at them and get them to give a really big discount on another car.

The thing is, you can only do it when it's full. Say things that they have done like, you've paid your deposit for your car and they still sold it..... don't buy a car from here everyone!!! Walk around mad

Stuff like that.

[Edited on 31-07-2008 by Steve X16XE]
wilson_lodge

31st Jul 08 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They put another newer car down £300 (so the same price - but I didn't really like it, newer but not as sporty!) but that again was after ages of bartering. Joke really.

[Edited on 31-07-2008 by wilson_lodge]
Arctic_Monkey

31st Jul 08 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah that's shit, you should complain face to face with the manager..take it as high as you can, and also follow it up with a complaint in writing..could threaten them with bad publicity etc etc and see what they say.
vcorsasport1.6

1st Aug 08 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i worked in the car trade mate, if a deposit is down on a car, as long as its at least the minimum that the company will allow, then the car is provisionally sold to you, no-one else can buy it, if they have sold it after you put a deposit down, you can tell them to get the car back off whoever bought it coz its righfully yours!
hope that helps, brad
Limecat
Banned

1st Aug 08 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A deposit (I believe) makes it legally binding. Fuck them - HARD. I would. Not Stockport branch is it?
Adam-D

1st Aug 08 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trading standards
wilson_lodge

1st Aug 08 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vcorsasport1.6
i worked in the car trade mate, if a deposit is down on a car, as long as its at least the minimum that the company will allow, then the car is provisionally sold to you, no-one else can buy it, if they have sold it after you put a deposit down, you can tell them to get the car back off whoever bought it coz its righfully yours!
hope that helps, brad

"Apparently" someone in Chorley bought it in the morning and we bought it at about 4pm. The car was in the Bolton branch! Really gutted about this. Still. Couldn't believe the cheek that we had to barter again!! And the manager didn't even come out to see us. :-( Thanks for your advice and help guys, its helping me on my next step. I will keep you updated. Cheers

Jen x
Corsa_Quadz

1st Aug 08 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trading standards FTW Sale of goods act 1979!!

New Poll