corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Black 1.6 Corsa Sport 1998 (GSI rep) 67K miles [Pic heavy!!!] £1200 o.n.o

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Black 1.6 Corsa Sport 1998 (GSI rep) 67K miles [Pic heavy!!!] £1200 o.n.o
fuju64

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 08 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selling car due to me starting a new car project in the shape of a Honda.

Car for sale:
-1998 ‘S’ reg black corsa sport 1.6
-67k miles
-no tax
-11 months mot
-Partial service history with receipts and log book including a cambelt change 10k ago.
-Recent full service carried out by me about 100 miles ago including all fluids change, fuel filter, oil filter, spark plugs and a catalytic converter.

Mods
• Gsi bodykit.
• Gaz coilover suspension (only used for about 1000 miles).
• Vauxhall cesaro 15” wheels in white with good tread on all four tyres.
• Rear bumper smoothed and colour coded, front grill section smoothed.
• Depo headlights
• Smoked side repeaters
• Rage backbox
• Jansport 4-2-1 manifold
• Stage 2 ported cylinder head ( about 50-60k miles in total including previous owner)
• Dbilas dynamic throttle bodies including Dbilas chipped ECU with raised rev limit to 7500rpm (used for a total of about 6k miles)
• Derestricted airbox with cold air feed and K&N performance panel filter
• Mtech shortshifter with nylon bushes

Bad points
• Bodywork needs attention, ideally bonnet would need respraying as I tried attempting respraying after fixing a few rust patches but rushed the job and there’s now a load of runs in the lacquer. Driver’s door also needs attention. Few other small dings and scratches but is expected from a car of this age.
• Car doesn’t feel responsive at low revs but once above 3krpm it’s quick and pulls hard! Also when engine is first started it initially needs to be revved a little in order for it not to cut out. Both these faults could be due to an air vacuum leak going to the inlet manifold but I can’t pin point the cause.
• When engines cold, the car doesn’t run very well but I’ve heard that happens to a lot of cars on here also.
• Air conditioning doesn’t work, system needs to be re-gassed.
• Reverse light doesn’t work, but I already have a replacement reverse light switch which is sitting in the glove box waiting to be fitted (by new owner).
• Cam gear rubs slightly on the cam belt casing making a slight whining sound occasionally.
• Finally some might not like the stiff accelerator pedal due to the stiff springs used in the Dbilas Dynamic throttle linkage mechanism. Then again, some people might prefer it.

Above listed is everything that is wrong with the car as I’m trying to be as honest as possible. Most of them are small problems which won’t take much effort to get fixed.

If the car sells at the asking price or close to it, I could also include the following if wanted:
• Standard front bumper
• Standard suspension
• 40mm Gmax lowering springs
• Original cylinder head (about 50k on it)
• Standard manifold
• Possibly even some tsw 15”venom alloys (I think that’s what they are)

Asking price : £1200 ono
If interested: PM me
Email me at fuju64@hotmail.com

[Edited on 23-08-2008 by fuju64]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Black 1.6 Corsa Sport 1998 (GSI rep) 67K miles [Pic heavy!!!] £1200 o.n.o 25 database queries in 0.0123219 seconds