corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Carra, Super Carra

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carra, Super Carra
Cosmo

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 08 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Extracts from his autobiography due out soon - think it'll be a great read (personally!)

quote:
After I established myself at right-back, our African defender Rigobert Song found himself out of the team and our previously healthy relationship instantly deteriorated.

One morning in training he was told I'd been called into the England squad after performing well at full-back.

There was a look of astonishment on Song's face - a bit like the one we used to give him when he claimed he was only 21.

He might as well have blurted out he thought I wasn't good enough for international football.

He strolled off to his French speaking friends and began talking to them. I could see him pointing towards me while everyone was grinning. It was clear what he was saying and the rage inside me simmered.

Later, Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite.

"You're not f***ing laughing now are you, you soft twat?" I said as he hobbled away.

Did I care he had a knock? No way. I don't remember him or anyone else in the squad for that matter trying to take the piss out of my ability again.

quote:
There is one ambition more than any other which drives Jamie Carragher on: "To knock Sir Alex Ferguson off his f****** perch".

To consign Manchester United to a title wilderness, just as Fergie did to Liverpool.

And if he achieves it he doesn't want to be wearing a red shirt with 23 on his back, but a suit and tie.

Because although Carragher is confident he will win the Premier League as a Liverpool player, his real desire is to win it as a manager. And set up a new Anfield dynasty.

"It would be more of an achievement as manager because it would come about through my decisions," says the 30-year-old, talking in his restaurant Cafe Sports England ahead of the launch of his book: Carra My Autobiography.

"It's like the ultimate football man's dream to be better than Ferguson because he is the master.

"I just hope he hangs around long enough to wait for me."

If Carragher's desire to finish his coaching badges and set about the enemy as Liverpool manager comes as a pleasant surprise to Kopites, his motives may not.

The ambition to emulate Anfield's biggest bogeyman is not down to hatred - but respect.

"I've got more respect for Ferguson than anyone else in the game. He's like a Scouser, really.

"He's funny, doesn't mind telling people to f*** off, and he even votes Labour. I love him."
Hammer

3rd Sep 08 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fergie will be long gone before he gets a shot at it, if he ever does.

However -

'There was a look of astonishment on Song's face - a bit like the one we used to give him when he claimed he was only 21'

PMSL
Dean_W

3rd Sep 08 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Super player he is
Nath

3rd Sep 08 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bless him.
Dean_W

3rd Sep 08 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's still a ratmuncher though
liamC

3rd Sep 08 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carragher will not win the PL as a Liverpool player IMO.
Marc

3rd Sep 08 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Squad player at best. Stupid soft scouse twat that he is.

First snippet made me chuckle though, only because its true that all African players lie about their age.
MatthewR

3rd Sep 08 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great extract about Rigobert Song - mind you i can understand where Rigo was coming from
liamC

3rd Sep 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Rock hard Jamie Carragher - didnt he offer someone out over the radio when they called him something for not going into the England squad?
Marc

3rd Sep 08 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Wouldn't be able to take him seriously with that stupid accent. It would keep going up in pitch until it was just a whine.
Nath

3rd Sep 08 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Rock hard Jamie Carragher - didnt he offer someone out over the radio when they called him something for not going into the England squad?

On 5live or Talkshite IIRC

[Edited on 03-09-2008 by Nath]
RyanSxi

3rd Sep 08 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is a cock. But that above is rather funny.
Tom

3rd Sep 08 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carra is the embodiment of lfc, I would love to see him in charge one day, he's pretty much accepted as the player who lives and breathes football in our team he always watching and thinking about football if he aint playing it

Love the line about song
Cosmo

3rd Sep 08 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He will no doubt be given the chance to be the Liverpool boss one day, no question about it. Has done a lot of his badges already (as have a few of the senior squad).
chris-sri

3rd Sep 08 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant. Players like him and Roy Keane don't come along that often but when they do they're worth their weight in gold.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Carra, Super Carra 24 database queries in 0.0160019 seconds