corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Edition 38 pictures from Saturday..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Edition 38 pictures from Saturday..
M Sutton

User status: Offline
31st Aug 08 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went on Saturday and the weather stayed good, kind of glad coz the weather was quite dodgy today..
Quality of cars was amazing as usuall, il let the pics do the talking!
Heres the link to the pics - http://public.fotki.com/M4rks/meets-and-events-08/edition-38--oversto/

Enjoy
Robin
Premium Member

31st Aug 08 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted to go today but couldn't be arsed after working on Saturday
Martin_C

31st Aug 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*prepares to be shot down in flames*

i really really like the whole vag scene, nice cars, always cleanly done, but are they all not kinda getting a bit samey? i looked through your pics there and theres nothing really thats different from anything else
M Sutton

31st Aug 08 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there are some unique cars, and i wouldnt say there that similar to each other, alot of unique touches and there not scared to be different!!IMO...

Car of the show for me (althought some might disagree) was just the whole package, stance and fit/finish was amazing, bodywork done by the legend Steve Denton

Joe

31st Aug 08 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Martin_C

i really really like the whole vag scene, nice cars, always cleanly done, but are they all not kinda getting a bit samey? i looked through your pics there and theres nothing really thats different from anything else

Hence them scraping the barrel, going to the scrapyard, pulling a car out and calling it 'rat look'
SAL
Premium Member

31st Aug 08 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt join the vag scene due to the money it take's to make a car stand out

Iv seen people spend over 4k @ my bodyshop over the recent year's and that is just for bodywork, normally at the same time they are having stuff trimmed and ice done £
Theham85

31st Aug 08 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M Sutton
I think there are some unique cars, and i wouldnt say there that similar to each other, alot of unique touches and there not scared to be different!!IMO...

Car of the show for me (althought some might disagree) was just the whole package, stance and fit/finish was amazing, bodywork done by the legend Steve Denton

That is stunning
Robin
Premium Member

31st Aug 08 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:

Hence them scraping the barrel, going to the scrapyard, pulling a car out and calling it 'rat look'

It's not all about that though.

It's mainly about conforming to wheel choice by either putting a set of chromed BBS RSs which are too wide for the car on, if it's a mk1/2 Golf, or a set of Porsche wheels, if it's a mk3, or if it's a mk4/5 or TT, you need a set of Maybach wheels or some aftermarket Mercedes fitment wheels, like Carlsson ones or proper AMG ones.

As well as that, you need 14 red cows and some paint from a modern Lamborghini, which isn't orange, plus loads of chrome under the bonnet, and possibly some more leather to trim your numberplates/engine covers in.

It's very samey, but TBF, it's hard to do something different these days.

(I don't know why I quoted you really Joe )
SAL
Premium Member

31st Aug 08 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best car for me

joke btw, that golf is amazing mark
SAL
Premium Member

31st Aug 08 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:

It's mainly about conforming to wheel choice by either putting a set of chromed BBS RSs which are too wide for the car on, if it's a mk1/2 Golf, or a set of Porsche wheels, if it's a mk3, or if it's a mk4/5 or TT, you need a set of Maybach wheels or some aftermarket Mercedes fitment wheels, like Carlsson ones or proper AMG ones.

As well as that, you need 14 red cows and some paint from a modern Lamborghini, which isn't orange, plus loads of chrome under the bonnet, and possibly some more leather to trim your numberplates/engine covers in.

he is quite good looking, i would quote him too
Joe

31st Aug 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:

Was going to say, hardly relevant to my comment I was only joking anyway, the VAG scene is ace. The attention to detail and quality of work on some cars is just but they can be anal. For example when I asked where people got BBS caps for LM replicas on a Golf forum, all I got was why put replica's on, blah blah. Frankly I am not going to waste £2k on a set of wheels for a lardy german hatchback.

Just because a VW is rusty, still doesn't make it cool though.

[Edited on 31-08-2008 by Joe]
1ROSS8

31st Aug 08 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stavs- daves mk4 rival!
Robin
Premium Member

31st Aug 08 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having said all I've said, I love some of the cars, some of them look bang on, and the engine swaps are getting better and better with VAG making better engines all the time....

That's just awesome TBH.
Joe

31st Aug 08 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that out of a Passat R36? thats amazing if so.
SAL
Premium Member

31st Aug 08 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit yeh, it is indeed Ross

[Edited on 31-08-2008 by Stavs]
1ROSS8

31st Aug 08 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

printed a pic to show kieren lol
Robin
Premium Member

31st Aug 08 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Yeah, there's another one I know of with the same engine too, which used to have an R32 engine.

One of the VAG tuners got hold of a handful of R36 engines quite a while ago, somehow.

Engine swaps are seriously on another level. If the Vauxhall scene was anything like the VAG scene, people wouldn't dismiss the ZLET into Corsa B thing as too much hard work, you get people going out of their way to get the latest VAG engine into whatever car just because, and making sure ALL the functions of the engine/car still work. Even dash swaps, all the dials and switches will still work.
Martin_C

31st Aug 08 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:

SAL
Premium Member

31st Aug 08 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Yeah, there's another one I know of with the same engine too, which used to have an R32 engine.

One of the VAG tuners got hold of a handful of R36 engines quite a while ago, somehow.

Engine swaps are seriously on another level. If the Vauxhall scene was anything like the VAG scene, people wouldn't dismiss the ZLET into Corsa B thing as too much hard work, you get people going out of their way to get the latest VAG engine into whatever car just because, and making sure ALL the functions of the engine/car still work. Even dash swaps, all the dials and switches will still work.

There is one line in that about the z-let
chr15barn3s

31st Aug 08 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Storm Developments! They have done some work on my car recently. Not performace based though I am afraid
Lee Wilson

1st Sep 08 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do enjoy the VAG scene. Pretty much every car in them pictures looks amazing.

Check the Nova out
bieransri

1st Sep 08 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome weekend, if a little disapointed with the show on sunday. think the rain killed the atmosphere.

my pics are here
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=57034&l=1397a&id=510346423
may be a few of M suttons as ive saved them in the same folder

didnt take many as felt rough sunday and spent all friday + saturday geting smashed.

quality of cars was amazing. however its nothing compared to the cars at MIVW. i agree its getting a bit samey but if its not broken dont fix it.

VW players are coming out with some controversial stuff atm. like their mk5. the camo tt got broken sadly.

Dance tent was off its rocker. i left when sweat started dripping from the roof

overall awesome weekend.
Trims were welcomed with random people approaching me with good comments

camped across from a corsa on ronal turbos. was black with a cage. not sure who's it was tbh.
Gez G

3rd Sep 08 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw ur car Bieran mate, looked good on the trims!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Edition 38 pictures from Saturday.. 23 database queries in 0.1704769 seconds