corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa xev

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa xev
ripley

User status: Offline
30th Aug 08 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all this has been my project for the last 12 mths what a nightmare... its a 1.4 ls 1998 r reg, had the car for 50quid it had a front end bang. ok its had a new slam panel, front cross member, the engine is out of 95 cav. the wiring loom had melted behind the dash, and fuse box and in the foot well and boot at this point very pissed off but got their in the end. here are some pics..........................

more to follow soon

[Edited on 22-09-2008 by ripley]
Linch

30th Aug 08 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like good progress, and glad to see you fixing a damaged one! also one of the best colours!
ripley

15th Sep 08 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all i have a small problem the secondary air pump if i leave it off the eml light comes on plug it all back and the light goes off is their a way of leaving it out? if not where is it going to fit?? this car is getting on my t*ts should of put the xe in less work
thanks terry
Charlton

17th Sep 08 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^ put your question in the help zone mate you will get more help.
cheekyalex

18th Sep 08 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad to see your putting an ecotec in there, im about to do the same conversion myself in the next few weeks,why have you had so many problems with yours? i thought it was just as easy as doing an xe conversion?
ripley

18th Sep 08 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the problems was the secondary airpump. Keeping the cav power steering pump, which meant i had to fabricate an engine mount to fit the corsa chasis. In keeping with the pump that meant a different rad (astra mk3 1.4 8v). ECU's too big can't seem to fit it anywhere decent.........hope this doesn't put you off!! The next one will be an XE again! Any problems that you may want help with let me know!
cheekyalex

20th Sep 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i havent got powersteering so ive got no worries there,suppose ill just have to get imaginative with finding somwhere for the ecu,im pretty good with wiring so should be ok.ill let you know how i get on if i mange to do find a half decent solution

Whats this secondary air pump you speak of? whats it pumping air to or from and whats it actually for?

some of your pictures dont work by the way

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa xev 24 database queries in 0.0081031 seconds