corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tax confused

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tax confused
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Sep 08 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pre story:
got my car on 27/07/2008. without logbook. idiot i bought it of, gave me receipt and sent a form for applying for a logbook. after month of waiting, i got it in my post, and letter saying i need to pay 25 quid on top.. was well pissed off.

well had no choise but to pay. got my logbook on wednesday. all good.

wanted to go to tax it today as tax runs out at the end of month, but got renewal letter today..

and on top it says:
Do not apply dot your tax disc before the 15th day of the month before the tax disc is due to start.

well i knew that, but the thing is that this sentence is crossed out and a bit lower on the page it says:

Do not apply for you tax disc before the 5th day of the month before the tax disc is due to start.

so what do i do??? i understand that i shouldnt apply for tax disc before the 5th day of october? as thats the month its due to start? but why? cant afford not to tax it as i wouldnt be able to drive it :S

also it says that i cant tax online.. but no reason stated..

stupid dvla...

[Edited on 26-09-2008 by daymoon]
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Sep 08 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Sep 08 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that tax runs out at the end of Sept, tax it now. You can tax it from the 5th day off the month of expiry ie. 5th September, ie. you are fine to do it now.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tax confused 23 database queries in 0.4027760 seconds