corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » top end on a 1.4 16v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author top end on a 1.4 16v
Firestate88

User status: Offline
12th Oct 08 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there anyway to do it?
top end is 110mph looking to get 120-130mph is it possible without an engine change?
Kenzie

12th Oct 08 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you want to go that fast??
lwigmore

12th Oct 08 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats wrong with your engine then? as x14xe's are much quicker top end than that, that means my x12xe is faster than yours then lol
Richardhhha

12th Oct 08 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my x14xe has something wrong with it, i dont have a clue what it is but the car wont go above 80mph some days, and others it will only go to 100mph, changed cts, lambda, and cat, cant think of anything to fix it.. Sorry for hi jacking the thread
Firestate88

12th Oct 08 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont know whats wrong, it should be able to do 120 - 130 as most people i know with 1.4s can achieve that
any idea what could be restricting it? my manifold and cat are rusty and falling to bits could this be a reason behind it?
luke85

12th Oct 08 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
my x14xe has something wrong with it, i dont have a clue what it is but the car wont go above 80mph some days, and others it will only go to 100mph, changed cts, lambda, and cat, cant think of anything to fix it.. Sorry for hi jacking the thread

Have you checked the timing? Never heard of a 1.4 doing 130MPH on a flat road tbh
Richardhhha

12th Oct 08 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

timing is spot on mate changed the belt a few months back and it was doing the same before.. I've had the car reading 130 on the speedo once, and it would normaly do 120 easely.. It just has been ballsing up something wroten and i don't know why.. Another thing it does is when you give it any beans it bogs down something silly untill you get to about 2.5k takes about 6sec to get there from a stand still.. Clutch is fine not slipping.. Im so confused about it i don't know whats up with it!
Richardhhha

13th Oct 08 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any ideas peeps?
Pete_vxl

13th Oct 08 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old sport could only go to 105/6 then it would take ages and ages to go any higher
marklawton

13th Oct 08 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just depends on the engine. my brothers does 112 but sometime will get 120, my old 1.4 would do 122 all the time and my 1.6 wil do 130.

just depends on how healthy the engine is etc and the size of the wheels will make a difference
john_c20xe

13th Oct 08 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
timing is spot on mate changed the belt a few months back and it was doing the same before.. I've had the car reading 130 on the speedo once, and it would normaly do 120 easely.. It just has been ballsing up something wroten and i don't know why.. Another thing it does is when you give it any beans it bogs down something silly untill you get to about 2.5k takes about 6sec to get there from a stand still.. Clutch is fine not
slipping.. Im so confused about it i don't know whats up with it!

mines doing exaxct same thing i got flatspots and engine light tho, had it rear 4 times now just says hall sensor, found cam pulley to be missing pik ups so replaced pulley and cam sensor and crank sensor, no diffrence and my timing is perfect
Richardhhha

13th Oct 08 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get a large flat spot from 1 to 2.5k then 4k on it just don't go, engine runs sweet as a nut, gets a service every 3k and has never been given any death before its been running for at least 10 minuits.. Its only done 66k and almost all that has been done by motor way driving.. If it gets death when on a long road i get engine warning light on need to do a paper clip test and see what codes it comes out with..

New Poll