corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » noise from braking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author noise from braking
ali_corsa

User status: Offline
20th Oct 08 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recently just heard a wom wom wom kind of noise from when i brake from cold it can happen about 4 times then it just dissapears its from the osf so could it be front wheel bearing? or the cv gaitor has just come off and just needs rebanding?
Richardhhha

20th Oct 08 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheel off and have a look at the disk and pads, then lok at the cv and you will be able to tel if its a wheel bearing as the noise will be there all the time.. more than likely you have a slightly flat tyre.. check the tyre pressures.. hope that helps
ali_corsa

20th Oct 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disc and pads are new well about 3 months old, and there would be no way i would have killed a set of pads in 3 months, tryes are about a month old on the front so really, they should be at the correct pressure, i will just double check all the time, there is a lot of noise at times but thats just mainly down to the cheap tyres that are on the back. thanks
mattievRS

20th Oct 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brakes might be new 3 months ago mate but did you bed them in first?? Sounds to me like youve glazed the pads so when braking the pads and discs are overheating and causing the wom wom sound.
Richardhhha

20th Oct 08 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pads out and get the emery on them.. or some fairly hard high speed breaking mate
mattievRS

20th Oct 08 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah emery them mate,hard braking will make them worse and warp the discs though so dont do that!
ali_corsa

20th Oct 08 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i beded them in well, i will give them an old strip and clean saturday, its only on the one side though hense i thought a wheel bearing on its way out.
ali_corsa

21st Oct 08 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cleaned the pads today in my lunch break still making the noise, so im still going with wheel bearing or drive shaft

New Poll