corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not logging a car!

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not logging a car!
Jamie

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 08 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsabadboy
no actually i havent been told, and tbh your car gets impounded and you can have it back the same night as a mate of mine has had his taken before

How much do you have to pay to get it back from the impound?
taylorboosh

23rd Oct 08 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant remember off the top of my head, probably varies from consatbularys, i think my pal had to pay 120 for it to be towed then a 100 fine or some thing, which increases the longer you leave it
antnee

23rd Oct 08 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tell the DVLA ffs! Its not about lining Mr Browns pockets, its about being a proper law abiding individual, not a chav in a corsa, who drives like a dick in his illegal car
`Sas

23rd Oct 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your log book doesnt match your insurance.... you have no insurance. end of.
So if you hit someone you are not insured. so thats you paying for their car to be repaired, your own car knackered.... 6 points for driving with out valid insurance, a fine to pay (between£200 and £600) and most probably a 6 month ban.

Is it really worth it?
Personally I would only buy a 2ltr conversion if it was logged as a 2.0. it's not worth the risk.

and most traffic police up our end are in the know... I was stopped in my 2ltr 6 months ago and stood having an arguement with one of them as they checked my car over, spotted that the engine wasnt standard.... called it in the car is reg as 2ltr with dvla but tried to say it was insured as 1.6 sport.
i had to get in docs out to prove that it was insured as 1.6 sport shell and engine size was 2.0.

and that was a random spot check at 9am on my way to work not even at an event or cruise!!
mwg

23rd Oct 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
It amazes me how many people actually like lineing gordon browns pockets.

im sure you are an argumentative cunt just for the sake of it
John

23rd Oct 08 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's not, he's just an idiot.

Thinking he does it just to cause is argument is giving him too much credit.
CorsAsh

23rd Oct 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never known anyone who can be so consistently wrong and against the general consensus as Nova.

Maybe he should apply for a job as an F1 Steward. I hear Ferrari pay very well.
corsa_danny

23rd Oct 08 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the hole point of a redtopped nova or corsa is cheap insurance ! undo your bonnet cable so if you get pulled and asked to open say its broke you cant open it,
Ojc

23rd Oct 08 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality.
CorsAsh

23rd Oct 08 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_danny
thats the hole point of a redtopped nova or corsa is cheap insurance ! undo your bonnet cable so if you get pulled and asked to open say its broke you cant open it,
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Oct 08 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not read everyones answers but, Allways declare the car PROPERLY as you will only regret it should you get caught, if you cant afford to insure the XE then dont have one, simple as really.
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Oct 08 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You my friend, are a penis.
Colin

23rd Oct 08 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There should be some sort of national organisation for offering details of motoring tax/insurance invaders, it happens too freely i this country with a very bad attitude from some folk.

No wonder insurance is so high with everyone running about with void polices!!
Jordan C

24th Oct 08 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Not read everyones answers but, Allways declare the car PROPERLY as you will only regret it should you get caught, if you cant afford to insure the XE then dont have one, simple as really.

I can and it is!

Im really only worryed about selling it on when the time comes! aslo u lot are telling me if u could get away with payin less tax on ur car then use wouldnt?

Grudge giving the tax man the £66 for 6 months as it is!

Tbh my cars ran out of tax before when i first got it! explained the problem as was told to tax it by the end of the month so dont think they will be that arsed!
Jamie

24th Oct 08 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Is that you nova using a different log in?

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not logging a car! 23 database queries in 0.0132809 seconds