corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Building Door Cards Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Building Door Cards Help
Dannys SXI

User status: Offline
9th Apr 03 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am going to make some door cards for a set of 17cm speakers. I am wondering whether to put the tweeter in the door card as well or place it where the original one is at the minute.

Also how do I find out how bid I should make the circle where the speaker is so that it doesn’t hit and if I need to make it at an angle? I know to measure around the speaker then add a small amount but what about the depth. Do I just go back a small bit from the back of the speaker?

Also would I be able to make a pocket on the back of the door card to hold the crossover?

I know you need to use ¾ or 1 inch mdf but which one is best?

Cheers Danny
K8e

9th Apr 03 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny, I have 17cm Kenwoods in my front doors.... get an autoleads adaptor ring for them.... they go in with no room to spare at all.... sound blindin tho
Richie

9th Apr 03 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

danny the ones you see the most from autoleads are 130mm ones, you can also get 170mm ones.
Dannys SXI

10th Apr 03 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know you cant get the autoleads adaptors but i wanted to have a go at making some over the holiday i got from coll.

The door cards are for a corsa b because me and a mate are buildig them for his car. As i am geting an adoptor for my corsa c as the door card looks a bit of a wierd shape as it looks like it sweeps up the door. Unless it comes off in different parts.

Cheers Danny
K8e

10th Apr 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very Brave Danny! Its really tight with the adaptor rings- so make a cardboard template of the back plate first (the bit you would bolt into the door) then the speaker ring itself, then tape the two bits together with cardboard "struts" (best word I can think of) so you have a good idea of the angle, space needed etc.... and that probably didnt make any sense, did it? lol
Dannys SXI

11th Apr 03 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. what?

ok then. well am gona giv the adaptors ago. If i dont make an angle for the speaker can i just use the door card as a template but make it a bit deeper where the circle is?

Anyone got any tips on how to build them? i tired looking in the faqs tutorial part but couldnt find any help there

New Poll