corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » disertation ideas

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author disertation ideas
Reedy

User status: Offline
   31st Oct 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right im currently looking for ideas for my disertation.
Im currently studying Software Engineering, im in my 3rd year at the moment and thought it would be a good idea to prepare for my final year now.

Languages i know: vb, c, c++, c#, php -> mysql, c# -> sql and a few other little ones.

I was considering making something with php due to the fact that it can be run on most machines ( because of it being server sided ).

I looked at little things like, a program to solve rubix cubes but thats not really 1st material.

Any ideas would be appreaciated.

Doug

31st Oct 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find out what lecturers are working on (outside of uni) and try to get in on that!

A few at mine worked with Jag and ford etc designing ignition programs for cars. Could be worth trying to do something simmilar as they will love it and mark it highly
Reedy

31st Oct 08 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
Find out what lecturers are working on (outside of uni) and try to get in on that!

A few at mine worked with Jag and ford etc designing ignition programs for cars. Could be worth trying to do something simmilar as they will love it and mark it highly

hmm uni lecturers are gay, i emailed them asking if they could point in the right direction but they havent replied ( emailed several lecturers ).
ed

31st Oct 08 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then start banging their doors down! It's their job to teach you.
Reedy

31st Oct 08 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Then start banging their doors down! It's their job to teach you.

Abit hard to do, Im located in Bath. Theyre in Middlesbrough.....

I think i understand the response, they are working with the current final year students so i supposed im not really of high importance.
ssj_kakarot

31st Oct 08 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reedy
quote:
Originally posted by Doug

hmm uni lecturers are gay, i emailed them asking if they could point in the right direction but they havent replied ( emailed several lecturers ).

yeah mine are like that, i think honestly there must be on lectuer on my course who actually likes the subject he teaches and will help you, the rest seem to want to get in read a powerpoint and get out as soon as possible with the least hassel and get paid then they can spend more time on there other job.
Reedy

31st Oct 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What uni do you goto? ssj_kakarot.

There is some decent lecturers at my uni, its just feels like i get a different response from them now that im on placement.
ssj_kakarot

31st Oct 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

teesside, theres been a few decent ones throughout the year, majority really dont seem to care.

i meen in one subject i had 3 lectuers in a year as none of them wanted to teach it and every lesson they would let you know.

Reedy

31st Oct 08 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
teesside, theres been a few decent ones throughout the year, majority really dont seem to care.

i meen in one subject i had 3 lectuers in a year as none of them wanted to teach it and every lesson they would let you know.

lol. I goto teesside. What course are you studying on?
I did Computer Games Programming before, there is some dedicated lecturers on that course but the others seem very lacking
Reedy

31st Oct 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anybody else have any ideas?

New Poll