corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » uni project

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author uni project
flybikeslee

User status: Offline
29th Oct 08 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been givin this brief:

Select a subject of your own choice about something in your life or effects your life, it could be, an interest, a place you visit, a hobby etc. and document it with a series of at least seven photographs that will explore different aspects of your subject. each picture should be presented in sequence with a title, caption or text.

now i've been thinking about my interests and they don't really span past cars and bikes. ive got plenty of pictures of these but no captions or background to go with them. i was thnking of different places around formby and liverpool (where i live) but again its the caption side of things thats getting me.

im allowed to manipulate the pictures also ie. blend 2 together, alter things etc

a few pics ive taken recently

any ideas welcome
Rob E

29th Oct 08 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some quality pics there If your thinking of combining the two how about Have a car in the middle of a set of doubles or something and take the picture of someone jumping (would be even better in the place where you began riding or something.
flybikeslee

29th Oct 08 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, could be like "how it began" ive also thought about doing something to do with capital of culture
mattk

29th Oct 08 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you just go and take pictures in that skate park or is it your mate jumping?

I keep walking past it and Id love to go down and take some

I think all the geggers would chase a chav with a camera though
flybikeslee

29th Oct 08 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its one of my mates mat, his names harry and hes a proper big shot these days. you're welcome to come take some pics down there with me if you want? or even of me if you feel wierd taking pics of others?
mattk

29th Oct 08 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah we will do that soon
Adam_B

29th Oct 08 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do research into the stuff you like, get magazines etc. On the car side of things is it the modified car scene as a whole you want to portray or like the thrill and experience of driving? Evo magazine and Performance car magazine have some awesome photography if you want to go with the latter, im not sure on what max power and redline etc are like these days if not though. Obviously similar thing with the BMX scene, i have no idea at all about that though sorry

Another thing to consider is popping to your local library and have a look at some Photographers. Have a look online for street or snapshot style photography and take some names. Check out there images and captions.

We did a project a few weeks ago where we had to find some images we liked by well known photographers and change the captions to alter the meaning of the photograph, so think about what your trying to say in your images.

Do your captions have to be truthfull? If not you could be really creative, like your first one of the guy on the bike. I notice in the background a big group, maybe have your caption about how he is trying to get into this social group by impressing them?

Feel free to completly ignore me though if im talking bollocks as i dont go to your lessons
Adam_B

29th Oct 08 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, what are you studying?
Butler

30th Oct 08 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a very broad brief, you could have alot of fun with it. As im sure I could come up with lots of ideas, here is one immediate idea that came to my head. I would photograph objects or scenes over different hobbies and interests that reflect other interests and blend into them in an abstract way. For example a picture of a roll cage close up could be a roll cage or it could be a bike frame. Like when your out and about and see an object that reminds you of something you have seen which relates to a hobby that might not appeal in the same way to someone else. I would play on the caption by describing what it isnt.

The picture of the path works well, it could be a place you go riding.

Perfect example would be for my friend from school who was into skating, stairs to him arent just something you walk on but he always used to say stuff like 'cor id love to skate that'. Interesting how people percieve things different depending on what they surround themselves with.
flybikeslee

30th Oct 08 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i study product design but have to do 2 other 12 week modules along side, its not worth many marks but as its an interest i thought id make the most of it, thanks for the help guys
Butler

30th Oct 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always try and make the most of it, you want to show diversity in your portfolio.
neil h

30th Oct 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be a bit of fun to run with the bmx idea, if you take a few couple of shots of the bikes, a couple of the riders and then a couple of action shots.

Then just put a brief description of whats going on in each shot and then jobs a good 'en.
Tom_Coe

1st Nov 08 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Butler the idea with the roll vage close up and then blending it with a bike frame is an amazing idea, i have to say i prefer the above pictures before they were edited, you have some really nice shots i think keep it simple dont go into the filters in photoshop too much try and keep it looking professional and deffinatly try that roll cage/bmx frame idea
Butler

1st Nov 08 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would definately stay away from the default effects in PS. Always think outside of the box, try things, if the results are crap, it doesnt matter. Its the thought process that makes good work. Sometimes the best results just happen and arent something you were ever ultimately aiming for.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » uni project 24 database queries in 0.0138810 seconds