corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rear speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rear speakers
corsa_sport_white

User status: Offline
11th Apr 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm gonna get some 6x9's in a shelf. Just wondering how i wire them up. Do i simply just unclip the cover in the boot, reach up, pull out the one plug and then wire that into my speakers. Is that the only connection into the present speakers. Because accessing them seems to be quite hard. Thanks...
Bonzai

11th Apr 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unplug the standard speakers and then pull the wires down so you can see them through the area where you have access to the rear light bulbs. i just botched mine by twisting them together and adding a bit of solder and covering them in insulation tape!!!! i cut little squares out of the plastic cover so they would go back on and the wires could get through there
Adam-D

11th Apr 03 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah what he said
Rob H

11th Apr 03 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did it a clever way

Had some standard rear speakers spare, so drilled the braket that holds the connector block to the speakers, pluged the connector into this, and then soldered the wires into the contacts. Saves hacking up the wires .

Oh you can get away with running the wires through those panels without having to cut anything out of them

Also another trick of mine that i did was, because the 6x9's were going in the shelf, and i didnt want them seen, I got some acustic cloth used for covering stealth shelves, and covered the standard shelf. Looks quality

[Edited on 11-04-2003 by Rob H]

New Poll