corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FFS Insurance/Car dealers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FFS Insurance/Car dealers
Jambo

User status: Offline
6th Nov 08 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RANT warning.

Came home today, to find the dealer i purchased my car off has registered the car in my dads name not mine, even though i signed for it?!
So hassle no#1 is to get that sorted.
The private plate is not technically registered and i havent received the plates they were supposed ot have sent me.... SO my car is number plateless.

Ontop of this pain in the arse i receive a letter from my insurers today, who say i didnt inform them of a claim made against me on the 8/10/08

Ive only ever had an accident once and that was over 3years ago and i told them about it?!

WTF is going on and why do i always seem to find myself in these ridiculas situations, if im not being taken to court from not driving with insurance when i had it, im being told i am lying about a claim i never had

I actually want to scream.
Neo

6th Nov 08 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

James....wooo sarr

Calm down. Get on the phone and find out why they think you had a claim made against you.

It's probably better to leave it in your dads name too, as it doesnt add another owner to the history.

Just speak to people tonight while its still fairly early and try and sort it out

good luck buddy.
deano87

6th Nov 08 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
It's probably better to leave it in your dads name too, as it doesnt add another owner to the history.

And could potentially make his insurance void!

If you write to the DVLA, with a letter signed by the garage, I'm sure they'll amend owners.
Neo

6th Nov 08 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by Neo

And could potentially make his insurance void!

If you write to the DVLA, with a letter signed by the garage, I'm sure they'll amend owners.

Not if on insurance registered owner is James' old man
Jambo

6th Nov 08 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the phone to elephant now, they know nothing about it

Garage are going to have to sort the owners out, as i signed for it not my dad plus my insurtance will be invalid if thats the case. I own the car, i paid for it not my dad legally its mine.

FFS FFS FFS!
Colin

6th Nov 08 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How would the garage have your dads details to put it in his mane anyway

Sounds a bit silly!!
Corsa_Sport21

6th Nov 08 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a call a few weeks ago from my "So called insurance company" saying some1 had made a claim against me.Ive never had a crash in my life FFS.Thats what i told them and said they better get more details before hassleing me.They never ever called back.
Jambo

6th Nov 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad and me were both dealing with the garage as i cant leave work, so he did alot of the two-ing and fro-ing. Guy had his details.

I picked the car up, signed all documents and left

Now its in my dads name
Colin

6th Nov 08 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely thats a fault of the DVLA then not the garage

They just stick the V5 in an envelope once you've signed.........
Jambo

6th Nov 08 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V% wasnt signed because it was in dealers details on a private plate, he has to send it off to get original reg on, then send it off again with new owner details of which dont have to be signed!
Doldy

6th Nov 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
On the phone to elephant now,

Didnt know elephants could speak

On a serious note, i think its up to your dealers to get the log book sorted. Is it a brand spanking new car? Your first keeper? If so that sucks and you should complain as you dont want to have 2 keepers on the log book when they change it to your name!!

About the insurance, theyre all scum bags! I am always being hassled and badgered, i give up in the end and just got a credit card to sort it all... Shame really.

Good luck with sorting it,...

Pop

6th Nov 08 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll be able to get the DVLA to change the name without adding another owner no problem.

The garage should send it to the DVLA with a letter explaining what has happened and the DVLA will sort it.

[Edited on 06-11-2008 by Pop]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FFS Insurance/Car dealers 23 database queries in 0.0157380 seconds