corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 106 gti v 318is

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 gti v 318is
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Nov 08 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
novas have character 106's NO!!!

Reliant Robins have character.
sand-eel

10th Nov 08 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you like the boabie then yes
corsa_rob

10th Nov 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont compair these cars lol...if it was me id go for the gti or saxo 2000 reg or older so the tax stays where it is...and enjoy it...ive got a saxo vts and just drove to wales and back (even across mountains with horses on the side :lol got 340 miles out of the tank and every minute of it was "fun" bar aquaplane's @ 100mph+ on the private road
Eck
Premium Member

10th Nov 08 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by nik
Why is a much better car? Because it's german? a BMW? The 106 is fun, quick-ish, good handling, cheap spares, decent on fuel. BMW is slow, probably older, not nearly as fun to drive, more expensive to repair, probably cost around the same to insure, and probably juicier.

The beemer will do abot 36mpg so not exactly juicier, cheaper to insure (for me anyway) and its better built because how many gtis do you see still running at 180,000? my next door neighbour has got a normal 318 on 180 thou and it still drives like its new.
Interior has worn extrememly well.
They might not be the quickest but the 1.9 is as fast as the later vtrs in a straight line.

[Edited on 10-11-2008 by harrisp]

And a 106 GTi would BLITZ a VTR These are two completely different cars. My mate has had 2 318 Coupe's and I've not been impressed with either. Albeit leather, the interior wasn't anything special that folk rave about As for drifting, yes you can do that in a Beemer and not in a 106, but on a track, the difference would be laughable. So if you want a faster, more fun car, then the 106... If you want to show off and do a wee side from time to time, Bimmer.
harrisp

10th Nov 08 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by nik
Why is a much better car? Because it's german? a BMW? The 106 is fun, quick-ish, good handling, cheap spares, decent on fuel. BMW is slow, probably older, not nearly as fun to drive, more expensive to repair, probably cost around the same to insure, and probably juicier.

The beemer will do abot 36mpg so not exactly juicier, cheaper to insure (for me anyway) and its better built because how many gtis do you see still running at 180,000? my next door neighbour has got a normal 318 on 180 thou and it still drives like its new.
Interior has worn extrememly well.
They might not be the quickest but the 1.9 is as fast as the later vtrs in a straight line.

[Edited on 10-11-2008 by harrisp]

And a 106 GTi would BLITZ a VTR These are two completely different cars. My mate has had 2 318 Coupe's and I've not been impressed with either. Albeit leather, the interior wasn't anything special that folk rave about As for drifting, yes you can do that in a Beemer and not in a 106, but on a track, the difference would be laughable. So if you want a faster, more fun car, then the 106... If you want to show off and do a wee side from time to time, Bimmer.

I wasn't even comparing the gti in speed to a 318 I was making the point that 318s aren't stupidly slow like so many people seem to think.
But then there is a small part that I can insure a 328 for about the same as a 106 gti, different story all together then, plus 106s have the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in (except maybe the poverty spec seats my corsa had when I got it:lol
Eck
Premium Member

10th Nov 08 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually think the seats are pretty comfy! But then again I might be slightly biased having an XSi Even a 328 won't be quicker around a tight technical track! But then we're talking about an engine that's nearly twice as big Slightly unfair won't you say!
harrisp

10th Nov 08 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I actually think the seats are pretty comfy! But then again I might be slightly biased having an XSi Even a 328 won't be quicker around a tight technical track! But then we're talking about an engine that's nearly twice as big Slightly unfair won't you say!

Im probably fatter than you.
Fair enough...
Eck
Premium Member

10th Nov 08 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day, it depends entirely on what kind of car the lad wants. These are two COMPLETELY different motors! One's a big comfy cruiser that can go sideways. One's a lightweight tin can that's great fun around bends.
palli17

10th Nov 08 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres loads of 106 gtis but few 19 year olds with bmws. ( if that helps lol )
sicharnock

10th Nov 08 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1'm 20 and have a e36 bmw 325 atm and i'm paying 900 for my insurance with 6 pionts, so i dunno what that guy paying 3000 for a 318is is doing haha
my best mate has a 318is e36 and its fair quick but not worth buying if you wanna have a fast car, the gti will feel wayy faster.
as for drfiting, there not powerful enough for a proper drift car, the 1.9's are only 140bhp. and they weigh in excess of 1300kg
if you change your mind on cars as much as me, i'd say get the gti, having a more fun car to drive will always be the best option, ive only had a bmw for like 4 months after i had and now i want a redtop corsa lol

go for the gti for driving, the bmw for those looks from ppl who think you shouldnt be driving one at our age lol

Mike GSi

10th Nov 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 22 and I have an M3 and tbh its by far the best car ive owned in every way!

As said they are totally different cars, it really does depend on what you want out of them!

if 2 years ago someone offered me a 106 GTI or the 318is i would have gone for the 106 without a doubt, but from having owned a 2000 quicksilver and being dramatically dissapointed by it compared to my Nova 1.2 it goes without saying really!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 106 gti v 318is 23 database queries in 0.1592829 seconds