corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » e46 M3 or 335d coupé

Poll: e46 M3 or 335d coupé
  e46 M3
  335d

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author e46 M3 or 335d coupé
dxb335d

User status: Offline
13th Nov 08 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamez_zz
Lovely car buddy, What powers the M3 putting down?

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
Body roll is maybe cos its an SE.

Looks great in the pics

All 335's have sport suspension as standard.

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Total agreement.

M3 IL6's really arn't as fast as people think. Sure they handle well, but straightline, well its just a 3.2 straight 6....

Its slower than a C20LET Corsa in a straight line, and although faster, not as fast as you'd think against an XE corsa (talking straight lines here).

335 engine is superb, good chassis, and it uses its power well. And those remaps work wonders! People think VXR's respond well to a remap, but compared to these, the power gains look puney.

Got to at the body roll compared to the E46 M3 model in the pics above though.

what does C20LET do in a straightline acceleration wise, not 0-60 but 0-100 and 1/4mile?

The XE? same with that?
JayCarr

13th Nov 08 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:
Originally posted by dxb335d

lol at the license plate, I reckon we could guess what that first letter is as its followed by a 3

[Edited on 13-11-2008 by Ian W]

You'd be wrong if you thought it was M

Love both the M3 and 335d, been in both (well CSL) but not drievn either. Round the track the 335d is very capable! Not much went past us.
dxb335d

13th Nov 08 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drive mine mate next time i see ya if its not wet.
Mike GSi

13th Nov 08 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i hear 335d i automatically think, Sales rep! Also i fucking hate diesels with a passion!

Imo the M3 is an absolutely perfect car, as it is. Also when you tell some one you own a BMW M3, i would imagine you would get a better reaction than if you were to say 335d.

If you created a thread "My new car... BMW 335d" i would automattically think, he must be about 40 years old, and is about as sensible as james may!

im obviously going to be bias, but imo an M3 is an awesome car no matter which model, engine spec etc! The BMW M3 will always be know for its awesomeness.
John

13th Nov 08 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The older shape m3's will continue to get an even worse reputation than they do just now(not for the driving, I know they are good cars) because they have all dropped in price.
mwg

13th Nov 08 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If someone created a thread saying they had got a 335d I would be green with envy
John

13th Nov 08 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same, how many of them have been posted in here compared to i've just got an m3 thread
Mike GSi

13th Nov 08 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The older shape m3's will continue to get an even worse reputation than they do just now(not for the driving, I know they are good cars) because they have all dropped in price.

so if a car is cheap it therefor makes it shite? OK
John

13th Nov 08 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I clearly put that thats not what I meant, I even said I know they're good cars.
Mike GSi

13th Nov 08 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just dont understand how a cars reputation can decrease just becuase the price of them decrease's, all cars are getting cheaper pal, even the infamous 106 GTi
SportBoy

13th Nov 08 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*cough* subaru *cough* ... i wouldnt really say an m3 has a bad rep though
mk4_astra

13th Nov 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Z20LET
i just dont understand how a cars reputation can decrease just becuase the price of them decrease's, all cars are getting cheaper pal, even the infamous 106 GTi

the e36 m3 is always seem as abit of a drug dealers car and quite a few chavs round here have e36's badly made to look like m3s.

from somebody whose into cars there point of view wont change on the e36 m3 but your average joe might see it as a drug dealer/ boy racer car as they become cheaper more people can afford to buy them.

im not slating them in anyway, and in previous posts i have said just how great my mates semi track prepped e36 m3 is
Mike GSi

13th Nov 08 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, they make them look like m3's not a derv
dxb335d

14th Nov 08 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
When i hear 335d i automatically think, Sales rep! Also i fucking hate diesels with a passion!

Imo the M3 is an absolutely perfect car, as it is. Also when you tell some one you own a BMW M3, i would imagine you would get a better reaction than if you were to say 335d.

If you created a thread "My new car... BMW 335d" i would automattically think, he must be about 40 years old, and is about as sensible as james may!

im obviously going to be bias, but imo an M3 is an awesome car no matter which model, engine spec etc! The BMW M3 will always be know for its awesomeness.

I am 24 and have a few friends who are similar age with a 335d. Not a reps car, too expensive for a reps car. a 320d or 320 i saloon with no options i agree.

Just like a E36 M3 is now a chav stereotype car. Also The E36 was never known as an ''Awesome'' car. It was a complete let down. Journo's hated it and it looked too much like a regular 3 series.

quote:
Originally posted by John

Yes your right, as they get into the wrong hands, people who cant afford to service them, they get rough etc. Ive seen chavs already in the E46 M3 unfortunately.

quote:

Usually because a young boy racer thinks he can afford the car, say 12k... But then does not realise the MASSIVE running costs. The car condition usually deterioates rapidly.

Ive seen this myself.

I do like the E36 M3 though. The E46 was a much better car though.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » e46 M3 or 335d coupé 23 database queries in 0.0149601 seconds