corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wheel Spacers... Need a bit of help/advice please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wheel Spacers... Need a bit of help/advice please
moka

User status: Offline
24th Nov 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so last month i went to the garage to get my wheels balanced and tracking done... The mechanic said to me i can balance your wheels but i cannot do your tracking as you do not have spacers. He said to me get some spacers and bring it back and i will do it for you no problem.

So the other day i got some universal 4/5 stud spacers off ebay and attempted to fit them. The hole in the spacer is much bigger than the hub so i had to line it up with the wheel on (nightmare) but done it in the end. Anyway i just fit the front 2 as it started to get dark and was VERY COLD but you can clearly see the spacers through the gaps in the alloys... My questions is, is that right? does it matter if they do not sit snug on the wheel?

also the car felt a bit dodgey coming down the M2 today but that could be as i only have 2 on?
Mr Turner

24th Nov 08 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what mm are the spaces? yes most universal ones will stick out and show a little bit, and probably felt weird due to you not having the tracking correct.
moka

24th Nov 08 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5mm and yea ill get my tracking done asap.

Ive heard that having wheel spacers is not ideal or safe.. is this true?
alan-g-w

24th Nov 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moka
Ive heard that having wheel spacers is not ideal or safe.. is this true?

Bollocks. Only unsafe it they've been fitted in an unsafe manner.

I've got (roughly) 5mm spacers on mine and need the tracking done at some point.
vxlgsi

24th Nov 08 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do you need wheel spacers to do your tracking?? that sounds abit weird to me.

New Poll