corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Euro Teams Away Support

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Euro Teams Away Support
Danny P

User status: Offline
4th Dec 08 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After watching a lot of the Euro games over the past couple of weeks, and the 2 games from this week, i've noticed just how shit the atmosphere at English grounds is compared to what European teams fans can generate.

Last night the PSG fans totally outsung the Man City fans, they were bouncing about going mental, loads of scarfs being help up, flag waving. While all the City fans could muster up was "Blue Moon" & a rendition of "What the fucking hell was that" everytime PSG did something a little different. Same tonight with Zilina. Head and Shoulders above Villa.

English fans are passionate about Football, but of these teams fans take things to a whole new level when to comes to generating an atmosphere

[Edited on 04-12-2008 by Danny P]
Cosmo

4th Dec 08 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt help that these days you can do fuck all at football grounds (i.e. stand up!) without being kicked out and banned for life.

Although having seen a lot of euro teams at Anfield, not all have that good support. Some do have great fans though.
Danny P

4th Dec 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye know what your syaing re: Rules and Regualtions being over the top in English grounds, it really a joke what we have to put up with.

Obviously i've only seen/heard the Euro teams on TV, but what ever team i've watched I've generally been impressed with them.
Cosmo

4th Dec 08 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Athletico this season were great at Anfield. Turkish teams are always going for it non-stop as well.

If you turn the clock back 15yrs ish and stop the knobs putting all these rules in place then you'd see grounds like that every weekend all over the UK imo.
Danny P

4th Dec 08 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I agree. I know a lot of clubs have groups set up to help improve the atmosphere within UK grouds, but with all the restrictions in place its near impossible to get things going like they do abroad. I also think that some of the people that attend Football games these days aint bothered about atmosphere. Amout of time i'm told to shut up & st down at Hudders is unreal.

Whats it like whenyou go away with Liverpool with regards to what you can/cant do. Do you get treated differently within the stadium to the home fans? Or is a case of when your inside just get on with it kind of thing?
Cosmo

4th Dec 08 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Yeah I agree. I know a lot of clubs have groups set up to help improve the atmosphere within UK grouds, but with all the restrictions in place its near impossible to get things going like they do abroad. I also think that some of the people that attend Football games these days aint bothered about atmosphere. Amout of time i'm told to shut up & st down at Hudders is unreal.

Whats it like whenyou go away with Liverpool with regards to what you can/cant do. Do you get treated differently within the stadium to the home fans? Or is a case of when your inside just get on with it kind of thing?

In the UK or abroad?

We've had restricted tickets at a few places this season due to standing. Saying that the Kop has been standing throughout most of the matches this season so wouldnt mind betting we'll have some comments from the FA heading our way.
Danny P

4th Dec 08 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was on about abroad mainly. I know English fans get treated like shit by the Police outside the ground (and inside sometimes) but normally when the camera pans to the away section during the game there are no stewards etc, do you have free reign so to speak?
sloworm

4th Dec 08 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We werent too shabby at fratton agains milan last week
Cosmo

4th Dec 08 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never seen any trouble with police really. Athens we had a bit of touble due to them just letting loads of people through into wrong areas and without tickets - but they just ended up letting everyone in.

Everyone was warning us about Istanbul due to the turkish being known for trouble, but the police and stewards were all really good and didnt bother us for doing anything really.
Faye_2003

4th Dec 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Braziliero games are hard to referee properly because you can't hear the ref's whistle.
J da Silva

4th Dec 08 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said EURO you fool!
Danny P

4th Dec 08 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sloworm
We werent too shabby at fratton agains milan last week
Aye Pompey were good, but after hearing "Play Up Pompey" the first 10 times it kinda gets boring for the second 10

[Edited on 04-12-2008 by Danny P]
Hammer

4th Dec 08 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

European matches are different normally, you can hear a pin drop at Parkhead during domestic matches but the place is buzzing for the Champions League.

Anfield is always rowdy on a Champions League night as well.
corsa - gus

5th Dec 08 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ibrox used to be good, but since Rangers aren't allowed to sing any songs without them getting banned anymore we normally just talk about whats for tea thesedays
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Dec 08 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you sing wolverhampton town gus?
Nath

5th Dec 08 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo is right, you can't do fuck all in English stadiums without getting a warning from some Nazi jobsworth steward badger.
corsa - gus

5th Dec 08 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
why dont you sing wolverhampton town gus?

I'm not allowed, too many do gooders in the CD I would be kicked out if they heard me utter anything to do with having tatties for my dinner incase it could be seen as racist let alone sing a song!!!
Danny P

5th Dec 08 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Cosmo is right, you can't do fuck all in English stadiums without getting a warning from some Nazi jobsworth steward badger.
My mate got banned for assualting a steward at Luton
Nath

5th Dec 08 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our stewards are wankers, so I'm glad
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Dec 08 at 06:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wolverhampton town is one of the songs we can sing

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Euro Teams Away Support 24 database queries in 0.0119882 seconds