corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bilstein B10 suspension question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bilstein B10 suspension question
Mark.W

User status: Offline
11th Jan 09 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv been looking into the bilstein suspension kit and on some site it says -60mm front & -40mm rear but on a couple of other sites it says -55mm front & -50mm rear.

is there 2 different options or not?i know the ones Dave A sold were the -55 front & -50 rear.

sand-eel

11th Jan 09 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

europerformance.co.uk see whats on there.
Jordan C

11th Jan 09 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be the same kit and a drop of 55mm as the B10 kit isnt that low tbh
corsa_rob

11th Jan 09 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right ive had/have the kit and it is a strange one...sure it was 60mm on the front and the back was lower than 40mm for sure...maybe it is 55-50...anywayz regardless of height its a lovely kit...change my corsa a great deal...best fixed rate kinda budget suspension u can get mate i'll get pics up
corsa_rob

11th Jan 09 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 11-01-2009 by corsa_rob]
Mark.W

11th Jan 09 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the pics rob.which site did you get yours from?

i have a budget suspension kit off ebay which is -50mm all round which is harsh and crashy yours seems to sit a tiny bit lower at the front and the back looks about the same as mine.It does look to sit nicely on you car mate.

Di you have any problems when fitting it?

sorry for the car pic qualitys but it was taken on my phone last year.Heres how mine sits at the moment.

[Edited on 11-01-2009 by wooly101uk]
Charlton

11th Jan 09 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sits perfect imo
Mark.W

11th Jan 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Charlton
that sits perfect imo

i think so too mate.i love slammed corsas but i also want a firm ride not a harsh crashy suspension that i have now and i have heard very good reviews on the b10 kit so i might have to put my had in my pocket and get it
Mark.W

11th Jan 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone else know its they are all the same or come in 2 different sizes?
corsa_rob

12th Jan 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are h & r springs or eibach so good quality mate...the height is perfect...brillant kit that u wont regret buying...no problems with fitting other than its design..the rear suspension struts fit to the car with just rubber and washers...to hold it in...with a nut on top...i found this wierd but EVERYONE on here thought it was 100% normal and they all had the same thing...i just thought that a torque setting would be required lol...but its sound anywayz...dunno if u noticed that it sits a tiny bit lower in first picture...that was after it had settled in abit after a month or so after i fitted...sadly the car is a write off now and i own a VTS...but still have the kit and getting another corsa soon enough ) if u need any help u2u mate...OH and i bought my b10 kit brand new from europerformance...had no problem with these...fast delivery and box wasnt smashed to pieces like others have it let me know how u get on mate. Rob
Mark.W

12th Jan 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_rob
they are h & r springs or eibach so good quality mate...the height is perfect...brillant kit that u wont regret buying...no problems with fitting other than its design..the rear suspension struts fit to the car with just rubber and washers...to hold it in...with a nut on top...i found this wierd but EVERYONE on here thought it was 100% normal and they all had the same thing...i just thought that a torque setting would be required lol...but its sound anywayz...dunno if u noticed that it sits a tiny bit lower in first picture...that was after it had settled in abit after a month or so after i fitted...sadly the car is a write off now and i own a VTS...but still have the kit and getting another corsa soon enough ) if u need any help u2u mate...OH and i bought my b10 kit brand new from europerformance...had no problem with these...fast delivery and box wasnt smashed to pieces like others have it let me know how u get on mate. Rob

cheers rob
Gareth F

13th Jan 09 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the b10 kit but wanted the back lower so now have front bilstein kit and 90mm rear with gaz shocks. The front looks 60mm to be honest on the kits. Thinking about raising back up to 70mm on the rear as i have trouble taking passengers! I have the b10 rear shocks for sale if anyones interested (used for a few miles whilst deciding on rear drop)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bilstein B10 suspension question 23 database queries in 0.0123010 seconds