corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Salary advice please...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Salary advice please...
Robbo

User status: Offline
13th Jan 09 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
Thanks Robbo

I've always been conciensious about my work, ever since I started with them. I take on a lot more work than I'm paid for, doing the buying and stuff when the buyers off not getting paid an extra penny for it!

I can see your point about the wages, but my attitude isnt shit I'm just totally pissed off at there attitude to me and now feel I owe them nothing. They have known for a full month that I was leaving on Friday, they only threw the wages thing in my face yesterday when I told them I needed to leave on Friday as planned
I know but employers are usually dicks and these ones sound no different I'm afraid As I said, I'm lookign at things form their perspective as it doesn't realy matter about anyhting else tbh, I got forced out of the last company I worked for despite doign lots of good work for them all based upon the fact that they change dmy job after I'd been there for 4 months to somehtign I neevr wanted to do and I quickly realise dthta when you get a twat of a boss fighting against you then you usually end up losing
Colin

13th Jan 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id turn it round to your boss & ask 'if you were in my position & had a new job lined up which paid better wages (something the current company stated that they couldnt afford) & you'd worked your notice as per contract & were asked to work on making you loose out on 2 weeks of better money....would you?'

Nope didnt think so!! If he says otherwise then hes lying out his arse.

Secondly if your paid up to xmas holidays & there going to take 2 weeks money off you as you according to them hav'nt accrewed it (even though you probably have if it wasnt for there stupid Nov-Nov system) & you've only been back 2 weeks so pretty much coming in for the rest of the week to train someone up for no pay. Wheres the incentive in that. If there going to be stupid about it, then id rather have a few days off before starting the new job next week.

Who would really accept that & get shafted?? Ive a good mind to have a word with this clown myself if theres any more of it!
Andrew

13th Jan 09 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the opposite Jade. I can't justify leaving my jobs as the bosses are sound. I'm just paid shit
Robbo

13th Jan 09 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, its alla bout the details... i lost out on £2k worth of employer contributions into an old pension scheme due to not checkign my contract properly and leaving the company 2 days earlier than I should have done... just to add insult to injury I prepared the bloody forms for it so had I of realised I woudl have at the very least fiddled the forms Always chekc every little detail in your contract before you resign etc
Colin

13th Jan 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id be asking them to work out your final wage & if its a joke giving them a big & leave them to it Seriously dont let them walk all over you.

This boss of yours sounds a right tool. Full of shit lucky tradesman that has absolutely no business skills.
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will probably go in and work till Friday, just really peed off that I've been put on a huge guilt trip today

My new emloyer is desperate for me to start on Monday, my current employer is desperate for me to stay until the end of the month - My current employer shouldn't have put me in this position in the 1st place, I'm in a no win situation and can't please everybody
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Id be asking them to work out your final wage & if its a joke giving them a big & leave them to it Seriously dont let them walk all over you.

This boss of yours sounds a right tool. Full of shit lucky tradesman that has absolutely no business skills.

Hmmm he says he will work out my final wage etc and tell me what it is ...................................................... on Friday
Robbo

13th Jan 09 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you've said you've worked your notice and presumably signed a new contract that states you will start with your new employer on Monday so you shouldn't feel guilty!
Colin

13th Jan 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Colin

Hmmm he says he will work out my final wage etc and tell me what it is ...................................................... on Friday

Not good enough, its too late to contest it then as your leaving.

Id be buzzing his desk now saying I want to know today because im not happy about coming in until the end of the week if its going to be for nothing!!

Which it seems it will be according to conversation & what hes said.

Personally id rather sit at home & not get paid that sit in an office with an arsehole boss not getting paid!!
Robbo

13th Jan 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't have to do it until your last day so if he wants to be an arse he can be
deano87

13th Jan 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Over paid over Christmas = payment for Thursday and Friday you've agreed to carry on working imho.

Put it to them like that.
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll check my contract (once I find it) and decide whats best.

I think 2 days of each week over Christmas/New Year were public holidays anyway?

[Edited on 13-01-2009 by JadeM]
deano87

13th Jan 09 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, only Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years day are classed as 'Bank Holidays' iirc.
micra_pete
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send colin round
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
send colin round

Yeah ano, I dread to think where that would end tbh
Colin

13th Jan 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair final pay &/or material to the value of. Depending on how much pish he thinks he can feed me.
micra_pete
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
send colin round

Yeah ano, I dread to think where that would end tbh

yeah your right, he seems a bit of a meat head.

OH hi colin
corsa - gus

13th Jan 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
No, only Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years day are classed as 'Bank Holidays' iirc.

The 2nd is a bank holiday in scotland too, just to help us over our hangovers
deano87

13th Jan 09 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus
quote:
Originally posted by deano87

The 2nd is a bank holiday in scotland too, just to help us over our hangovers

More like time to get the bail money together after causing so much trouble

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Salary advice please... 23 database queries in 0.1750429 seconds