corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Few Questions Re: XBox 360

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Few Questions Re: XBox 360
Danny P

User status: Offline
14th Jan 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First off, i'm a 100% nooooob when it comes to stuff like this, so these probs will be daft questions, but i'm after a console just for summat to do in't evenings and at £130 for the arcade version it seems a good deal, but before I take the plunge I've just got a couple of questions:

1. Is it worth buying the 60GB insead of the Arcade? I doubt i'll be downloading much as like I say i'm not a massive gamer & its basically just something to mess about on in't evenings, and when mates come round.

2. On-line gaming..... I know you have to pay to play on-line, but can you connect without buying the wireless thingy, as I dont fancy paying out another £50 for one.

3. I have a HD TV, would I be right in thinking i'd need another cable to able me to play in HD?

4. Can you play DVD's via the X-Box? As my DVD is on its way out and it would be good to "kill 2 birds with 1 stone"

Sorry if they are stupid questions, but I want to get one by the end of the week and I dont want to seem like a twat asking in the shop, i'd rather seem like an anonymous twat on't internet
Joe

14th Jan 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd be better getting the premium really, they aren't that much dearer.

No you can't connect to wireless, you need a wireless adaptor.

The old ones used to come with component cables, I'm not sure what the newer HDMI ones come with?

Yes you can play DVD's.
Planty02

14th Jan 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok here goes mate:

1. IMO its worth getting one with a hard drive and the 60gb is a nice option. Hard drive is a good idea because you can now install the games to your hard drive which imroves loading speeds and also makes the console quieter

2. You can connect via an ethernet cable (one is provided with the console iirc). All you need is a free port on your internet router and for the console to be close enough to it

3. No Idea although im not sure if the arcade supports HD. My premium has extra 2 or 3 extra plugs which I assume are used for HD

4. Yes it will. Only disadvantage is tha tthey only have a standard DVD drive, so wont be played in HD and the console is a little noisy whne playing DVD's

Hope that helps mate
All Torque

14th Jan 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just don't get a core/arcade. Premium/Elite has HDMI cable as standard. They all play DVDs the same.

Wireless IS the way forward
Nath

14th Jan 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll do you a deal on my Premium Danny. I don't play it anymore.
Danny P

14th Jan 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the info folks. How much memory do you get with the Premium then? 30g? Seems that may be the best one in fairness.

Nath, thanks for the offer fella, but I have a funny thing when buying electrical stuff where I like to buy new. I'm never 100% confident buying electrical products 2nd hand. No idea why, just one of them things.
ssj_kakarot

14th Jan 09 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok the premium now comes with 60 gig, its worth buying a new one not second hand as they run cooler and are more reliable.

every xbox you purchase now comes with a hdmi port which you can use to connect to a hd tv, only the elite comes with an actual hdmi cable but you can buy one for £5 online ect. the arcade only comes with composite connection (yellow av which is not HD), the premium and elite both also come with a component connection, however if you have a spare hdmi port on your tv just use this as its the best connection.

you dont need a wireless dongle if you have a router as you can connect it through a wire which is better anyway.

[Edited on 14-01-2009 by ssj_kakarot]
ssj_kakarot

14th Jan 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
Just don't get a core/arcade. Premium/Elite has HDMI cable as standard. They all play DVDs the same.

premium doesnt come with a hdmi cable, just the elite, small problem really when a cable is only £5.

all xboxs have the hdmi connection though

and no wireless is a last resort, cables are the best option, faster speed, more reliable ect

Danny P

14th Jan 09 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

Will have a look round online for a decent deal. Playing HD isn't a major priority, but it would be a nice bonus.
All Torque

14th Jan 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Nath, thanks for the offer fella, but I have a funny thing when buying electrical stuff where I like to buy new. I'm never 100% confident buying electrical products 2nd hand. No idea why, just one of them things.

Wise move mate, hes dodgy as fuck

[Edited on 14-01-2009 by All Torque]
Nath

14th Jan 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shut up Pete.

No worries. It had it's red lights sorted last year so chances are it'll last, but not to worry
John

14th Jan 09 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was at my mates the other night for his birthday, 2 of the people there had current 3 red lights.

True story.
Nath

14th Jan 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but..... Yeah but..... But.... But.....

oceansoul

14th Jan 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
Originally posted by All Torque

premium doesnt come with a hdmi cable, just the elite, small problem really when a cable is only £5.

all xboxs have the hdmi connection though

and no wireless is a last resort, cables are the best option, faster speed, more reliable ect

My bro just bought a new 360 arcade pack, that doesnt have hdmi socket on back :s
Kerry

15th Jan 09 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must of been relly really really old stock then, theyve been on them since 1/4 07
ssj_kakarot

15th Jan 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah must be very old stock lol :/

New Poll