corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » Sky HD box for sale (attention Sky+ users!)

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky HD box for sale (attention Sky+ users!)
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
21st Jan 09 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure where to put this so please can a mod move it if it's the wrong place.

I can't be bothered to explain why you'd want this, so read the PM I sent to my mate if you already have Sky+:

Basically, if you buy the box from Sky they'll charge existing customers £250 (ish) and like £30 installation, even though they use the same wires as Sky+! They'll then charge you £10 a month extra for the HD channels (Sky Sports HD and Sky Movies HD).

If you buy the box privately (off me), you can just plug it in saving you installation and a lot of money on the actual box, and you also don't have to subscribe to the HD channels until more become available. You'll still get all the free view HD channels (BBC HD, C4 HD, Fox HD and so on).

The Sky HD box also upscales all normal channels, so the picture quality is a lot better on every channel. It also has a 300gb HDD so you can store a lot more.

I only had Sky+, but I bought this Sky HD box brand new privately for the bigger HDD, upscaling and to be able to watch free view HD channels. For example, I watched the whole of Euro 2008 in HD.

I'm only after £170 for the box, and you can sell your Sky+ box on eBay for like £80 alone! Do a search if you don't believe me.

A few people are interested but they're just messers! The only reason I'm selling it is because we've gone onto Virgin Media now so it's pointless keeping it.

The remote has never been used as I've always used my universal remote control, and I still have the box and instructions -- everything it came with. It's immaculate...

If you ever do decide to upgrade your subscription to Sky HD, you just phone them and tell them to add it to your account and you won't have to buy a box off them, or pay the £30 installation charge for swapping the boxes over.

Let me know dude!

Offers around £170...

If you have any questions feel free to ask me...

U2U me if you're interested...

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » Sky HD box for sale (attention Sky+ users!) 25 database queries in 0.0100930 seconds