corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Marmaris - Turkey

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Marmaris - Turkey
Eddie.2k

User status: Offline
   21st Jan 09 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone ever been before?
Im going in june/july just wondering what people thought of it - What the locals, night life and anything in general were like.

Wanting to go jet ski'ing and hire a moped when am over there.

Also what are the prices like over there?
mattk

21st Jan 09 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been 4 times, its roasting and the nightlife is good
Eddie.2k

21st Jan 09 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What hotel did you stay in?
Were looking to stay in myra hotel
CORSA NUT

21st Jan 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit hole now

Been about 10 times over the last 20 years and it's got worse each time i've been

I remember when the pints were 20p and the staff in hotels would keep you up all night getting you wasted and not ask for a penny at the end of it.

Sad really.
Robbo

21st Jan 09 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went few years back, was mazin! heat, good nightlife, lovely people
Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Shit hole now

Been about 10 times over the last 20 years and it's got worse each time i've been

I remember when the pints were 20p and the staff in hotels would keep you up all night getting you wasted and not ask for a penny at the end of it.

Sad really.
not sad its just not sustainable
CORSA NUT

Oh and the best Hotel there is the Club Candan with Thomsons...that's if they have any room left for when you want to go.
CORSA NUT

21st Jan 09 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Shit hole now

Sad really.
not sad its just not sustainable

Yeah true Rob
mattk

21st Jan 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought that, stopped going about 4 years ago now because it was getting rubbish and a bit rowdy for me and the g/f

good enough for a gang of lads like
ssj_kakarot

21st Jan 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Shit hole now

Sad really.

snap pile of shit went to turkey last year with my mates, seriously whatch your wallet, check your change very carefully in supermarkets/shops and be very wary of what your are ordering/being asked to pay for in bars/shops.

they will take you for every bit of money they can, have fun though

PS: bring vodka or whatnot from the duty free in the plane, as when i was there the drink prices were frickin rediculous, mind i went to altinkum not sure what mamaris is like, but the general concensus from people ive asked is its gone up a fair whack all over turkey, i wont bore you with the details of the prices as i said i dont know for were your going but if i could change one thing when i went it would be bringing a few bottles of vodka from the plane.
hope you life Effes (local larger) its the only reasonable drink to have really

food is resonable at least though.

heres a forum on tripadviser about mamaris i typed in expensive and all this popped up lol

link

[Edited on 21-01-2009 by ssj_kakarot]
Eddie.2k

21st Jan 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha i maybe will bring some stuff off the plane!
Were going all inclusive and beers, spirits things like that are all free, think they stop giving it to us at some rediculous time though.

I thought turkey might be a good place to go since they arent the euro
ssj_kakarot

21st Jan 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you going with a group of lads lol ? i would seriously never do it again, ok if you like larger though lol.

the spirits will just be vodka and beer will just be effes hope you like it lol, they will still charge you an arm and a leg for other spirits found that out the hardway

this thread makes an intresting read, 4 pages of people complaining about price, but its good to read up as they mention a lot of things to avoid that i wish i had known before i went.

link

[Edited on 21-01-2009 by ssj_kakarot]
Eddie.2k

21st Jan 09 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naa me and the gf are going....nothing is booked yet though...

Looked at teletext holidays and it was about £450pp all inc
MarkM

21st Jan 09 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kakarot - I went to Altinkum last year and didn't think it was expensive at all!

Have heard stories of the prices going up this year due to peoples avoiding all the Euro countries

Been to Turkey about 7-8 or so times now.
ssj_kakarot

21st Jan 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie.2k
Naa me and the gf are going....nothing is booked yet though...

Looked at teletext holidays and it was about £450pp all inc

are be prepared for your girlfriend to be eye raped by every turk that see's her lol your even more fucked if shes blonde there like rabbits on heat.
ssj_kakarot

21st Jan 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Kakarot - I went to Altinkum last year and didn't think it was expensive at all!

Have heard stories of the prices going up this year due to peoples avoiding all the Euro countries

Been to Turkey about 7-8 or so times now.

thats fair enough, there are lots of different places to eat/buy drinks, and the timeing of the year obviouslly has an effect, i dont want to get into an argument but i will just say when the cheapest i could get a vodka and orange for the entire week was around £5 thats quite steep in my book.
M2RTY

21st Jan 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been 4 times

never once was short changed, drugged, raped or murdered, neither was my gf who is blonde.
ssj_kakarot

21st Jan 09 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well every one will have a different experience i was mearly pointing out mine, not trying to put any one off or anything, myself and 5 other friends had a bad time, its a beautiful place, lots of attractions to see but there are certain parts of the holiday that convinced me and my freinds respectively that we would never go again.

i hope other people have a nice time, And if you want other peoples views read the first page of the link i posted above and make up your own mind.
Eddie.2k

21st Jan 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comments Not too sure on what to do anymore....
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

21st Jan 09 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been about 7 times I think but last time was 2007!

Lovely and warm in August (if you like it HOT) night life is good, Beach Club / Bar - X are about the only ones I end up going back to!

Can get 5 course meal for £3 - £5 and never had a bad meal, its the drink that seems to be expensive, and has got more expensive year after year!

The turks are very friendly, will try shag anything with a fanny to get a visa into the UK mind

I'l probs go back at some point as its a nice little town but won't be for a while

Nergis Hotel is probs the best I've stayed at but its FULL of Germans these days!

Get alot of hassle unless you are tanned with dark hair (like me) as they think I'm turkish with a british gf

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Marmaris - Turkey 24 database queries in 0.0154529 seconds