corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Annoying things people say (credit crunch)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Annoying things people say (credit crunch)
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jan 09 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
And Im sorry for you, but the fact is not everyone is in the same boat.

Im making more money than I ever have, sales are rising by a very noticeable amount, smaller competitors are struggling and going out of business so its good news for us in that we have less competition and can expand quickly, house prices have dropped and people are desperate to sell so I'll benefit when I come to buy later this year and I'll get a great mortgage as banks scamble for my custom. The list goes on.

Similarly, The hotel that my missus runs has gone from having a handful of weddings to 46 booked for 2009 in the last 3 weeks; as many of the independently owned hotels have closed; with the backing of a larger group and also being stand-alone profitable; couples planning weddings seem as though they would rather pay a little bit more but know that their money is safe than pay less and risk losing the lot. Its a vicious circle, as the more who choose this route, the more independent hotels close.

As with all recessions, those who pull through will be in an immensly strong position when we come through the other side
J da Silva

21st Jan 09 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsabadboy
narrow minded people in here, you try telling people from the nissan factory, which is 5 mins from my door, which was the most productive in europe last year, why 1300 of them have been laid off and the rest are on a 3 day week?

or why thousands of people in the manufacturing industry have lost there jobs, and now cant find a new 1 as they are being snapped up.

the crunch is very real, maybe some people have there head so far up their arse they just dont see it though?

I think what some people are saying is the 'credit crunch' has worsened some things and others have excelled because of it, like my case for example, my business has become more busy because of the credit crunch, as the firms I sub-contract to are spending on labour and materials as it's all cheaper at the mo, the unemployment figures to date are not a nice read but the PM plans to help people back into work, so let's see what he comes up with, will be interesting.
deano87

21st Jan 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put simply, like everything, there are winners and losers.

Restaurants are suffering, but Domino's Pizza sales are up 10% (I know this because the company I work for has just been awarded a full warehouse fitout in Milton Keynes).

We have had an enquiry from a cheap clothing manufacturer today.

However, the amount of big warehouse builds and fitouts has decreased considerably - rejigging and making the most of space seems to be where the business is at.

I'm always quite positive after coming home from work. Then I speak to dad who's a bricklaying and things are pretty terrible.

Winners and losers.
stuartmitchell

22nd Jan 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in recruitment for the Financial Services sector internationally. Surprised I'm still here typing this tbh
sam-smith

22nd Jan 09 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith
i mean building

at the moment princess isnt doing as bad as the rest but still no overtime and reduced hours for some

other companies are cutting to two day weeks etc

Sealine have shut 3 factories and laid 870 people off
Fairline have laid 275+ off
Princess I'm not sure about
Sunseeker iirc have not cut jobs yet but have halved production

Its hitting leisure really badly, the commercial and military markets though are in a strong situation. The MET Police have an order for 2 boats with an option for 2 more. Strathclyde Police have bought one, various other forces are in the market. Even the Environment agenc is about to awarda contract to someone for 15 smaller boats.

we are going but struggling i think

we sold 13 boats at the show compared to last years 30

still not job cuts though
deano87

22nd Jan 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luckily my boss has said he'd rather run the business at break even point than make anyone redundant. It will literally be the last thing he does.
sam-smith

22nd Jan 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah well it makes sence to keep the skilled hands on than lose them then try to gain it back when things start crawling back
Twiggy

22nd Jan 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My chippy has put their chips upto £1.20 a portion!!!

Fucking credit crunch!
Fro

22nd Jan 09 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy

Fucking credit crunch!

Thats normal price down here
Faye_2003

23rd Jan 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

credit crunch is affecting healthcare and our wards, more people are losing the plot and attempting suicide
i had to deal with a guy who got reposessed yesterday, who threw himself infront of the collectors van and broke both his legs.
Twiggy

23rd Jan 09 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy

Fucking credit crunch!

Thats normal price down here

used to be 80p

you would live down south!
Twiggy

23rd Jan 09 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Faye_2003
credit crunch is affecting healthcare and our wards, more people are losing the plot and attempting suicide
i had to deal with a guy who got reposessed yesterday, who threw himself infront of the collectors van and broke both his legs.

Was he legless aswell?
Faye_2003

23rd Jan 09 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had to prep him for theatre then pass him onto mental health workers for councelling.
its tough for some people who were struggling at the best of times but what can ya do?
Twiggy

23rd Jan 09 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do feel for some people

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Annoying things people say (credit crunch) 23 database queries in 0.0164959 seconds