corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa 1.4 sport running problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa 1.4 sport running problems
syco2005

User status: Offline
16th Jan 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all. I have a 2000 reg corsa 1.4 sport and have been having a few problems for the last month with it and was wondering if anyone had experienced similar problems because im running out of ideas

The first problem is when starting the car from hot or cold it struggles to tick over and will even cut out unless i give it a rev. It doesnt happen all the time but happens quite alot. It never tryes to cut out any other time only from start up

My second problem is when driving along steady the car will start to kangaroo. Again this isnt happening all the time and always happens when my foot is just slightley on the accelerator and driving steady. If i floor it or let of the throttle it stops.

The car has been serviced regular and is completely standard although seems heavy on juice. Im only getting around 60 miles to a tenners worth of petrol. Ive recently changed the air and fuel filters, Plugs, tryed a different egr valve and gave the throttle body a good clean but its still the same.
The managment light isnt coming on but when the car is ticking over there is a quiet poping coming from the exhaust and it just dosent seem to idle as smooth as it should. I have a friend who has a corsa sport and his runs so much smoother. Its driving me mad now so
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

[Edited on 16-01-2009 by syco2005]
Richardhhha

16th Jan 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personaly i'd try a new coolant temp sensor and lambda sensor. Then i'd whip the bottom pully off to check the woodruff key to see if its worn and its letting the crank pully (for the cam belt) to flop around by half a tooth the 14xe and 16xe get this from time to time. Next thing would be to check the crank sensor is not dirty or the pick up is covered in crap and makes a funny signal. Then its checking pipes for splits or persishing, also any air leaks upper inlet has a tendency to leak and lower inlets do it aswell.
syco2005

16th Jan 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that. Im going to have a good look at it tommorow. Iv also been told by somebody else to check the cts so think il get one in the morning and try that first.
mattievRS

16th Jan 09 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds like the timing is a bit out especially if the exhaust is popping.Ill go with the crank pulley and woodruff key being worn as above
syco2005

16th Jan 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m17tty
it sounds like the timing is a bit out especially if the exhaust is popping.Ill go with the crank pulley and woodruff key being worn as above

how can i tell if the crank pulley and woodruff key is worn. Would it be making any sort of noise or will it be a visable thing.
tomo9992

16th Jan 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine did this apart from it didnt cut out when started up it just nealry did.
same with the kangerooin.

and turned out the bolt came out of the bottom crank pulley, causing the pully that the belt goes round to charge alternator fall off. i also found that the little blob of metal on the crank pully have chipped off which i persume allowed the pulley to spin off. and now the car wont start and the crank pullel is stickin halfway out.

so chech that stuff, b4 its to late lol
syco2005

25th Jan 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finally found out the problem. The car had a cambelt fitted at a garage before i brought it and obviously they dont no how to fit a cambelt as it was a tooth out

The car runs sooooo much better now

New Poll