corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Motorbike day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motorbike day
flybikeslee

User status: Offline
31st Jan 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill be doing my thory and test soon, im in no rush but was just after some advice on what bike to get, im not the kind to jump on and give limiter death as ideally id like to be alive a bit longer but id like something that i wont get bored of within a few months, something with a bit of go. dont worry about the 33bhp restriction as im 21 soon anyhow so not really an issue. just after recommendations? and good sites to get some gear from aswell (helmet, leathers etc)
Robin
Premium Member

31st Jan 09 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VFR400 is a good bike to have for a first bike. Quick, light and cheap. Make a great noise too with a decent exhaust.

They're not too powerful for a first bike either.

The NC30 looks better than the NC24 and has some improvements over it too, jr will probably be able to list all of them.
Mobby

31st Jan 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i say get a 400, you wont get bored with it in a few months if your a noob on a bike!

ebay is good for gear tbh
Bonney

31st Jan 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When are you 21?

The new test is supposedly coming in on the 30th march this year, See if you can get in before then. Just done mine and on the lookout for a bike.

Ideally id go for a Hornet 600 or a Bandit 600
Bram

1st Feb 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is my first big bike, had an Aprilia RS125 for a year and did my DAS on a Honda CB600!

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=478684
_Allan_

1st Feb 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd skip the whole four hundreds now, apart from the later ZXR400's most are getting on abit and it's getting harder and harder to find a decent NC30, CBR etc..

A nice bandit, hornet or CBR600F is an ideal first bike. Will get you use to the weight and power of a big bike without all the cost of a modern sports. Plenty of spare parts for all, cheaper insurance etc..
Warren G

1st Feb 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what you use it for

fit of fun cant beat a supermoto (buy mine)

or if going longer distances, a 400 or 600 like a bandit (again like mine! )
evans_corsab

1st Feb 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drz 400 supermoto , go marriots in birkenhead think they have got 2 in . real fun bikes not over the top either
barneykarl

1st Feb 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the last of the proper and best fazer 600cc on a 03 plate about the best all round bike even now.
Graham88

1st Feb 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a VFR400 NC30 as my first bike, restricted to 33bhp. Still a whole lot of fun and handles amazing. However I had no end of trouble with it, those bikes are like 20 years old now so it's to be expected.

I was riding it day in day out whatever the weather mind you.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Motorbike day 23 database queries in 0.0129931 seconds