corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Interesting...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Interesting...
BluKoo

User status: Offline
10th Feb 09 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

COINS:
Coins are legal tender throughout the United Kingdom for the following amount:

£5 (Crown) - for any amount

£2 - for any amount

£1 - for any amount

50p - for any amount not exceeding £10

25p (Crown) - for any amount not exceeding £10

20p - for any amount not exceeding £10

10p - for any amount not exceeding £5

5p - for any amount not exceeding £5

2p - for any amount not exceeding 20p

1p - for any amount not exceeding 20p

So if you've ever spent more than 21p in just 1 penny coins, you've broken the law.

Also: In England and Wales the £5, £10, £20 and £50 notes are legal tender for payment of any amount. However, they are not legal tender in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

http://www.royalmint.com/corporate/policies/legal_tender_guidelines.aspx

[Edited on 10-02-2009 by BluKoo]
Graham88

10th Feb 09 at 03:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have often wondered this actually. So many times when I worked in a petrol station the Taxi Drivers would come in with half a ton of loose change to pay for £40 of fuel.
Aaron

10th Feb 09 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll sleep tonight
Ste
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew about the coppers, although I was under the impression you couldn't spend more than 20p in coppers, i suppose you could legally spend 40p with 10 2p's and 20 pennies.

Also not many people are aware that postage stamps are legal tender. As long as they haven't been posted, they can be used like cash.

Also Scottish notes are not legal tender anywhere in the UK, including Scotland where only the coins are legal tender. Although this is the case, Scottish notes are widely accepted in return for goods throughout the UK; they have a similar legal standing to cheques or debit cards, in that their acceptability as a means of payment is essentially a matter for agreement between the parties involved.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Interesting... 24 database queries in 0.0098431 seconds