corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone got a home Telescope?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone got a home Telescope?
Daimo B

User status: Offline
12th Feb 09 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Night telescope that is?

With it being the year of astronomy n all that, im finding im getting quite an interest in all the planets n such.

Thing is I know the telescopes are like £200 odd.

Is a home telescope worth it, or am I better of saving my money and just enjoy pictures and shots everyone else takes?

Lots going on this month, on Feb 22nd just before sunrise this is expected

I'd love to see it. Don't know why, maybe its proving to myself how small and lame we really are, dunno...

So has anyone got/had one? Worth purchasing or would it not give me good shots.

tbh, i'd love to be able to look up into the night sky, maybe see another constellation or galaxy or something. Would a home one be able to do this?

PS - C2RL - That was Saturn
Anty
Premium Member

12th Feb 09 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to know also, as the seems to be a bright light in one place, and its not a star !!
sand-eel

12th Feb 09 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure it jupiter you always see, like when you can't really see any other stars just the one.
Simon

12th Feb 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got this thing back at my parents that I won in a photography comp. Never had much luck with it really, Birmingham sky isnt ideal for star gazing. May get around to selling it at some point. It is good though, when youve done the setup positioning on it you can select what you want to look at and it turns to it, If you've got a good place to do it I can see the appeal

http://www.amazon.com/Celestron-Nexstar-114GT-Reflector-Telescope/dp/B00004ZD38
Simon

12th Feb 09 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, I think you need DSLR or a camera with a thread on the lens and the appropiate accessory to attach to the telescope if you want to get photos as well.
sand-eel

12th Feb 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow the moon images are good on that.
Daimo B

12th Feb 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
I'm sure it jupiter you always see, like when you can't really see any other stars just the one.

Its saturn Spent about 3 weeks trying to find out

Saturn is soon to dissapear, but look west (sunset direction) just above the horizon and Venus will come into view.

mattk

12th Feb 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ours was a grand, good un though
Daimo B

12th Feb 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
I've got this thing back at my parents that I won in a photography comp. Never had much luck with it really, Birmingham sky isnt ideal for star gazing. May get around to selling it at some point. It is good though, when youve done the setup positioning on it you can select what you want to look at and it turns to it, If you've got a good place to do it I can see the appeal

http://www.amazon.com/Celestron-Nexstar-114GT-Reflector-Telescope/dp/B00004ZD38

Kinda thing im thinking for home tbh.

I've got a good view of North - East - South East so see the major constellations, and as the evening goes on they all twist round the sky anyway.

Good to nose at when letting the rabbits out for 15 minutes or so every hour...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone got a home Telescope? 23 database queries in 0.0134919 seconds