corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay Customer Services - :)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ebay Customer Services - :)
johnhara1

User status: Offline
18th Feb 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i bought a phone off ebay last week that was advertised as "AS NEW" but the auction stated that he had been using it for a week.

Now i recieved the phone and it looks to have been dropped. Light damage on 3 corners and a very light scratch on the front about 3mm long. No big deal, the screen is mint and the call time was only at 9hrs and only 600 texts had been sent so the lad wasn't lying when he said he'd only had it a week.

I was just a little pissed off with the description "AS NEW" and the damage\scuffs not being advertised at all so i left neutral feedback stating my disappointment.

Now today, i got an email from eBay asknig me to phone them to state why i was unhappy, and my reasoning for leaving the neutral feedback.

I phoned them just now and got straigh tthrough to a lovely, Irish girl who listened to my problem and because i have had an unpleasant experiance she has given me a £20 voucher from ebay to spend on what i like

Was on the phone for 3mins and all was sorted

Simon

18th Feb 09 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

600 texts in a week? I'm not surprised the phone had been dropped, his fingers must have been sore from that
stubbsy05

18th Feb 09 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought the listing would have been removed with it having "as new" in the title.

They pulled mine for having that in
johnhara1

18th Feb 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120376154108

It was listed as NEW.

I got 10% off what i paid as i had an ebay voucher and just got another £20 off ebay so it's not bad.
Bonney

18th Feb 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

e mailed them about a problem the other day, and all i got was a tank you email. Just looking for the voucher
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Feb 09 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you've done very well there. I would read that to mean that it comes in the box like it would do if it were new.
johnhara1

18th Feb 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney66
e mailed them about a problem the other day, and all i got was a tank you email. Just looking for the voucher

Leave neutral\negative feedback and they will get in touch mate.
deano87

18th Feb 09 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
quote:
Originally posted by Bonney66

Leave neutral\negative feedback and they will get in touch mate.

Doubtful. I think you were just lucky. It's probably some PR drive tbh. They target a sample of those who leave negative or neutral feedback, querying why you were unhappy. They then give you a £20 voucher. You think ooohh that is great and report to people like us.

When in fact they're simply doing research on satisfied customers which will in turn lead to developments on how they can improve the trading situation of eBay. They probably don't really give 2 hoots about your situation.
Gareth F

18th Feb 09 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good phone mate! droped mine plenty of time without damage. The 8gb memory card sometimes slows it down but all in all very good.
johnhara1

19th Feb 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't get a memory card (wasn't advertised with one so that's ok) I have a 1GB card from my old K800i

Yeah i know they're quite durable, it's the fact that he didnt mention the scuffs in the listing that bothered me. Id have (and most others would also have) bid less than £102 if it was listed correctly.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay Customer Services - :) 23 database queries in 0.0134470 seconds