corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Following on from the VXR Arctics

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Following on from the VXR Arctics
Patrick

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
quote:
Originally posted by ed
I don't really see anything wrong with what that lads doing in the vid. He's not revving the tits off of it, the car park is empty and it's his problem if he knocks it into a lamp post or something daft.

noooo just the limiter
Yes, for less than a second. You could sit the engine on the limiter for a month non stop and it still wouldn't break.

I'd be willing to bet it would.
DizzyRebel

23rd Feb 09 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New engines dont need running in, its a well known fact to those with a good mechanical knowledge that running an engine in hard creates a better piston ring seal and always creates a more powerful engine as all the components that need bedding in will mate much better.

Also, 80% of the running in process is done in the first 20 miles of use, these are crucial and to be honest the best place to run an engine in is on a racetrack - as it gives the right combination of hard acceleration and engine braking to really make the piston rings work and seal properly.

Finally, all new engines are bench tested at the factory. This is where they are revved to the limiter in each gear to test they function correctly.

Lesson to be learned: If you buy a new car and want to get the best efficiency, economy and power output from it. run it in hard and do so in the first 20 miles. track days are great for this.

Signed, a race bike technician
Mase
Premium Member

23rd Feb 09 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i did a weeks work experience a few years back at a peugeot garage, they ragged the cars to within an inch of their lives on PDI's so when you recieve a new car its been ragged anyway, so no I can't see anything wrong there and I wouldn't run an engine in at all...

Mase
Ben G

23rd Feb 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engines are hot tested right next to me at work and i can confirm that the diesel engines get revved to 5k rpm from cold

makes a lot of noise
tigra-tb

23rd Feb 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just cant see why anyone would do that to a brand new car. maybe its just me

well tbh if it was mine id be thinkin fk its under warenty, like 90 percent of young lads who buy new cars just thrash the pants off em n too be fair he aint exactly killin it just avin a bit of a dabble in his new toy as ya do lol
Fro

23rd Feb 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds nice on the limiter
Paul_J

23rd Feb 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
some say its why mine made 253bhp on the rr day (standard is 225bhp) i say it was a dodgy rr

tis true, people say run them in hard and it gets a better seal around the rings ...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Following on from the VXR Arctics 24 database queries in 0.0181110 seconds