corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just been hacked!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just been hacked!!!
Paul_J

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite possible sam, if the sites the hacker is viewing are 'Corsa D' or Corsa / Vaux related as stated above.

My guess is that the hacker may of added them to msn at some point and has sent them a pic or file and it was attached to a trojan and opened on their pc.
ShEp

23rd Feb 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same

But I wasn't stupid enough to click a link when a girl said she was on cam wanking
Gareth F

23rd Feb 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May not be too wise...

Find another computer and do this...

If you have a trojan / key logger etc, then you may be logging in to ebay etc and showing the hacker all your passwords!

Get access to another computer (even if its a internet cafe / library) and then go change all passwords, and make sure they don't send confirmation of your new password to your email.

I would have thought a decent virus scanner would pick up these viruses making it safe to then change passwords
Daveskater
Premium Member

23rd Feb 09 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's possible you have a keylogger in which case when you're typing passwords etc, or changing them, type all of it but the first couple of letters, then use the mouse to click on the beginning of the box again and type the start of it in. Keyloggers on track keyboard usage and not mice so it will be all mixed up

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Paul_J

23rd Feb 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by munk3yrac3r
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
May not be too wise...

Find another computer and do this...

If you have a trojan / key logger etc, then you may be logging in to ebay etc and showing the hacker all your passwords!

Get access to another computer (even if its a internet cafe / library) and then go change all passwords, and make sure they don't send confirmation of your new password to your email.

I would have thought a decent virus scanner would pick up these viruses making it safe to then change passwords

The amount of times, my sister has complained her pc is going slow and claimed to have done a virus check ... then gives me the pc, and A ) I find she hasn't updated virus definitions for ages, or B ) I find that I only find the virus / trojan with a different (better) virus checker than she was using... Is Lots.

What I'm saying is, in this situation the first thing I'd be doing is getting access to a different PC and changing all passwords... as if you go and change them all on your 'infected' pc, you may feel safe but have just given all the new details to the hacker.

I'd then spend my time trying to de infect the infected pc, probably using a whole array of different virus checkers and tools to check it was completely clear and even after that 'still be suspicious / cautious' for quite a while until I was happy all dodgy activities had stopped.

All i was saying was, don't just do a virus check and assume you're safe and then go give the hacker more info!

[Edited on 23-02-2009 by Paul_J]
Dom

23rd Feb 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Switch off the net on your system (disable wireless or network card) and do a virus scan.

But to be honest, i wouldn't be suprised they guessed the secret question on your hotmail account that got them in......

Also, why are you using hotmail for ebay (and such)? Setup a mail account with your ISP, a lot easier to get problems sorted if anything goes up shit-creek. And make sure you use a mixture of upper and lower case and numbers.
Tommy L

23rd Feb 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*JonnyG*

23rd Feb 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would just reformat, but depends how much date youve got and if its back up or not.
Paul_J

23rd Feb 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good start would be a strong firewall...

is your windows firewall even switched on?

It should stop Trojan / key logger having an effect.

[Edited on 23-02-2009 by Paul_J]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Feb 09 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt bother paul, you'd be suprised that when most people develop worms/viruses etc they try them against most/all anti virus engines and have plenty of techniques to get round simple protection such as windows firewall by editing the rules or bypassing it completely.

A format is the only way to make sure a compromised box is clean again.
*JonnyG*

23rd Feb 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't even recommend backing up your files either, as virus can hide behide other files. Thats why you should always make a back up.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Feb 09 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make a backup but when you move the files back onto your PC make sure you have all updates (windows) and a decent AV installed,updated, and scanning.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just been hacked!!! 24 database queries in 0.0149632 seconds