corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Do we not have a section for ICE anymore?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do we not have a section for ICE anymore?
Butler

User status: Offline
25th Feb 09 at 03:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im just wondering, ive got one of the newer ipod shuffles. I know you can get car stereos these days with usb ports in the front, the older shuffles had the usb built in so would have been ideal really. My shuffle has a headphone port that I can easily plug into my computer speakers at home, im just wondering if there is a type of car stereo which would work with it?
Ste
Premium Member

25th Feb 09 at 04:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
AlunJ

25th Feb 09 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get them with the headphone input as well or both, brothers kenwood has it, £50ish from halfords think it was?
Shane

25th Feb 09 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
you can get them with the headphone input as well or both, brothers kenwood has it, £50ish from halfords think it was?

ive got the same some, its a great little headunit for the money
pow
Premium Member

25th Feb 09 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Butler - you new shuffle would work in both a "Aux in" (headphone jack) style input on a stereo, like most new cars come with now.

It would also work with a USB IN feature (like you have said) using the docking station that came with the shuffle.

There are ups and downs, using the aux in means you can only control the volume on the car stereo and the controls on the ipod, but it cannot charge the ipod at the same time.

Using the USB will allow you to charge and completely control the ipod via the headunit, but, you'll have to carry that docking station with you (prehaps get a spare, one for the car and one for the house).
sampayne21

25th Feb 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure, if you are gona run an amp sub etc, you go for the kenwood 3041 around £50, rather than the kenwood 237sa which has no outputs and cant play mp3 cds, also around £50
Butler

25th Feb 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Butler - you new shuffle would work in both a "Aux in" (headphone jack) style input on a stereo, like most new cars come with now.

It would also work with a USB IN feature (like you have said) using the docking station that came with the shuffle.

There are ups and downs, using the aux in means you can only control the volume on the car stereo and the controls on the ipod, but it cannot charge the ipod at the same time.

Using the USB will allow you to charge and completely control the ipod via the headunit, but, you'll have to carry that docking station with you (prehaps get a spare, one for the car and one for the house).

How does the aux in work, can I get a cable which is headphone to headphone port?
sampayne21

25th Feb 09 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you can get the cable from any halfords its about £10 for a decent one

you plug in your mp3 player, press play and press source on your cd player till aux
Butler

25th Feb 09 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome, cheers guys!
Chrissy
Premium Member

25th Feb 09 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please don't give halfords a tenner for the cable..

Even Maplin who are dear at the best of times are cheaper..

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=11422

>>>> Chris <<<<

AlunJ

25th Feb 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a cable in tesco - does the job just fine

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Do we not have a section for ICE anymore? 24 database queries in 0.0132601 seconds