corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Stripped Corsa B 1.2 8v -- Smoke Grey (NON RUNNER)

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stripped Corsa B 1.2 8v -- Smoke Grey (NON RUNNER)
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
4th Mar 09 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought this car to XE but I got injured badly and I'm now blind in one eye. I'm selling it just because I can't use it.

It has 96k miles, with 1-2 months MOT and tax remaining.

It comes with the alloys, Depo's, standard headlights and the standard suspension, as well as a set of 5 steelies.. It's currently lowered 40mm. I'm not sure what the alloys are, but they're all curbed -- some worst than others. They suit Corsa B's really well and I've never seen the wheels before. No-one I've asked knows what they are, but people have guessed at them being 'old' Speedlines. I've been offered £250 for these alone, but I really just wanna get rid of the whole car.

The car itself is in pretty bad condition. The front bumper is cracked and would ideally need replacing, but it's been like this for 16 months without causing a problem. It's purely cosmetic. Generally the whole car is in 'tatty' condition but I am being picky -- a lot of people would describe it as good condition but I like to be honest. I used it for 5 months commuting daily with no problems what-so-ever. I've put 5k miles on it and it's running fine, but I haven't tested it since the accident as I'm not allowed to drive.

Since the accident the car has simply sat on the front garden after having a brand new windscreen fitted that cost over £200 (it still has masking tape from when it was fitted). The car hasn't been used once and my step-dad went to start it the other day with no success. He said the engine warning light came on but this may just be where the car isn't started (I believe it comes on when you turn the ignition on). I don't live with my parents and I can't get over there to have a look at it (I'm also not feeling great in myself at the moment either). I advertised this as a running car as I was planning on getting it started. I'm fairly confident it'll just be the battery, possibly the plugs and possibly the fuel but it'll have to be sold as seen, and sold as a non-running car hence the stupidly low price.

The car has had the interior ripped out as I was going to completely track it. Everything except the dash has been removed.

The drivers seat mounts have snapped (the front two mounts), so the chair sort of tilts back if you lean back. Pretty dangerous, so you'll need to sort that out but I'm not going to bother as I just want rid of it. Once again, I drove the car like this for months with no problems but I'm listing everything that's wrong with it.

The car is based in Dartford, Kent and will need to be collected.

I have lots of receipts for the car, and it also had a £300 Toad alarm fitted which comes with 2 key fobs.

I don't want a lot for it... If I had £400 waved under my nose I'd take it. Feel free to U2U me with any questions or offers. This must go otherwise it'll just rot on the front garden. Please bear in mind that the wheels will sell for a large chunk of that, as will the Depo headlights (the standard headlights are included, as well as another set of Depo's with broken lugs (repairable)). You will quite easily be able to make £300-£350 back just by selling the items included. I know it must seem strange why I don't just do this myself, but even the effort of packaging the lights and taking them to the Post Office seems like too much effort to me at the moment. I'm sure you'll understand if you see my condition if you come and view the car.

Please e-mail me on lukeleary [at] gmail.com as you'll get a quicker response than via U2U on CorsaSport!

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Stripped Corsa B 1.2 8v -- Smoke Grey (NON RUNNER) 25 database queries in 0.0086551 seconds