corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Where can you buy show cages

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Where can you buy show cages
Rob_Lee
Banned

User status: Offline
14th Mar 09 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.dontbotherwastingyourmoneyonashittyfakecagethatlookswank.com
antnee

14th Mar 09 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus your insurance company will laugh at you before bending you over for your premium if your only 16!
SeanXE

14th Mar 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Lee
www.dontbotherwastingyourmoneyonashittyfakecagethatlookswank.com

A failed attempt at being funny.... and how is it fake? two different things for two different purposes, a SHOW cage is for SHOW, and a PERFORMANCE cage is for PERFORMANCE....
Rob_Lee
Banned

15th Mar 09 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not trying to be funny. Im being serious.

Whats the point of a show cage other than to try and look good?

They serve zero purpose!
Rob_Lee
Banned

15th Mar 09 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just realised your only 16!

Good fucking luck telling your insurance you have a fake cage. They will either rape you or tell you to GTF!

Maybe stick to keeping the car standard till you are old enough to afford to insure all your mods.... unless you're planning on not telling them!
fazza

15th Mar 09 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

show cages are dangerous more than anything.

rather go without even if they are nice and shiny,

form over looks are needed
shaunmods
Premium Member

15th Mar 09 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im not trying to be funny. Im being serious.

Whats the point of a show cage other than to try and look good?

They serve zero purpose!

Thats like saying why change your wheels, lights etc? A show cage's purpose is to look good and improve the cars appearance like most other mods out there. I like them to be honest
Rob_Lee
Banned

15th Mar 09 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Change your wheels for many reasons.... allow space for bigger brakes
allow fitment of better tyres - more grip etc

Change lights for safety... HID's etc etc (if your refering to chav lexus lights then i class them in the same league as fake cages.

Im not trying to cause arguments im saying fake cages have ZERO function and for the money you might as well spend a bit more and get a proper half cage

LukeD

15th Mar 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Change lights for safety... HID's etc etc (if your refering to chav lexus lights then i class them in the same league as fake cages.

Im not trying to cause arguments im saying fake cages have ZERO function and for the money you might as well spend a bit more and get a proper half cage

i bet 90% of people dont actually change thier wheels for that purpose.

Each to thier own hey.... but i know ild rather have a "BOLT IN" show cage rather than a welded in one. if your going down the performance track route then yeah... a proper fia approved cage for sure.
LukeD

15th Mar 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but insetad of jumping on the "show cages are for idiots and kill you" bandwagon. and asking your thread question.....

MPS performance. based in Stoke... just a 1 man team in a small garage. good service and they can come fully bolted/fixed in to arches and floor pan. heard many good reviews from them.
big eck

15th Mar 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a load of fucking bollocks

All those mouthing off about the danger of show cages, can any one of yous show me proof of one being any danger at all in any car??? A while ago a saw a pic of a 106 that had rolled and the only thing that stopped the roof from caving in was the "show cage", I wish I had saved the image now.

Also all this bollocks about it serving no purpose well your wrong, ITS A FUKING SHOW CAGE the clue is in the name.

Do you think that most young guys on here with 1.2 corsas fit bigger alloys and lower suspension because it helps with performance???

[Edited on 15-03-2009 by big eck]
alan-g-w

15th Mar 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck

All those mouthing off about the danger of show cages, can any one of yous show me proof of one being any danger at all in any car??? A while ago a saw a pic of a 106 that had rolled and the only thing that stopped the roof from caving in was the "show cage", I wish I had saved the image now.

Also all this bollocks about it serving no purpose well your wrong, ITS A FUKING SHOW CAGE the clue is in the name.

Do you think that most young guys on here with 1.2 corsas fit bigger alloys and lower suspension because it helps with performance???

But a show cage could be a 'proper' cage only without the safety approved bit. You might find that a well made show cage is as good as a 'performance' half cage only it's not been put through the same tests or uses the same material as one. Although that's a chance you're taking.

Personally, I wouldn't get one. It's like fake carbon fibre - someone's bound to ask you if it's 'real' or not, and you're either going to look like a bit of a dick when you admit it's fake or lie and say it's real.

As said, save up for a proper bolt or weld in number then chrome it. I'd never feel safe knowing that there's a big fuck off lump of metal framework sitting inches behind my head that's not been tested in the event of a crash.
Col004

15th Mar 09 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck

[Edited on 15-03-2009 by big eck]

This is a very valid comment bar the anger

Ive got a show cage in mine... ive no intention on driving like a nutter on a country road so no intention on rolling over. I simply show my car hence cover of tv and 1/4 mile it for enjoyment.
If you track the car then i would never dream of a show cage but not everybody does. you build the car for the purpose in which YOU wish to use it

[Edited on 15-03-2009 by Col004]
LukeD

15th Mar 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But then, whats the point of having a FIA approved welded in cage within a non track orientated/Show car/ Slow 1.2 corsa etc??

apart from the "it wont kill you" suggestions, which is non conclusive.
alan-g-w

15th Mar 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its non-conclusive whether it'll kill you in a crash or not I'd err towards no show cage.

[Edited on 15-03-2009 by alan-g-w]
SeanXE

15th Mar 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Are you stupid? you're not getting it in your thick head that it serves a purpose for SHOW read the name of it and think SHOW cage... and how is it a fake cage? like i said earlier two different cages for two different purposes SHOW and PERFORMANCE.
RCoughtrie

15th Mar 09 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Save your pennys for a real one mate.. i have both cages, the differnace is like night and day and like said for the money you get more from it.

But if your still dead set i bought the show cage from MPS Performance, nice finish and fit well

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Where can you buy show cages 23 database queries in 0.0161350 seconds