corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » khan v berrera predictions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author khan v berrera predictions
Chrissy
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Mar 09 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did think he looked really good though.

Really quick and the defense looked good.

>>>> Chris <<<<

J4M13

14th Mar 09 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what aload of bollocks that was.
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Mar 09 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad I didn't pay for that.
Tiesto

14th Mar 09 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Glad I didn't pay for that.

Indeed. Any PPV with Khan has been shit.
Paul_J

14th Mar 09 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GET IN!!!

I won £450 off that...

I actually ended up betting kahn would win between 5-8

[Edited on 14-03-2009 by Paul_J]
smack

14th Mar 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

J.M.Marquez will hurt khan ending his boxing carrer.
Khan thinks he can win a world title?
Paul_J

15th Mar 09 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right now when's manny paquoi fighting?

I know for 100% FACT that manny 'pacman' will beat hatton with EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE.

So will be making money off that fight.

Also F1 this year will be a money maker if the pre season testing is anything to go by... the bookies will still back the favourites (i.e. Merc / ferrari) and neglect the BMW's / Red Bulls / Torro Rosso etc...
strick206

15th Mar 09 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think Kant would have won that fight in the 5-8 if it wasn't for the headbutt, not one of his punches hurt MAB

Kant was too quick for him but that guy is old now, and he beat him from the headbutt, the cut was massive and easy to open up every round

I think it would have been different had the head clash not happened, Kant certainly won't have stopped him

[Edited on 15-03-2009 by strick206]
John

15th Mar 09 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul if betting could be made into an equation everybody would be mega rich and the bookies would be out of business.

It can't, you win some you lose some, some people are more lucky than others.
Wrighty

15th Mar 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
I don't think Kant would have won that fight in the 5-8 if it wasn't for the headbutt, not one of his punches hurt MAB

[Edited on 15-03-2009 by strick206]

please shush khan fought a clever fight, he didnt go in for a KO, his movement and defence were good but he had berrera from round 3 easily and would have gone on to won if it wasnt for the stoppage - it was a shame it was stopped but amir is such a boxer, was mint to see him in person

was a great night, had great seats at the arena

Olo Afolabi was very impressive and deserved to win, right from the start it was just a case of 'when he caught' enzo

Was dissapointed with Nicky Cook id heard good things about him but roman martinez threw a couple of great punches, up to that point i though cook had the fight in control pretty much

Paul_J

15th Mar 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Paul if betting could be made into an equation everybody would be mega rich and the bookies would be out of business.

It can't, you win some you lose some, some people are more lucky than others.

yes you are correct, if you plain do a single bet and pray for the best.

If you gather your research / facts, have some inside knowledge and scan the odds you can make it more than just 'luck'.

Obviously you can still lose, but the aim is to make the risk of losing low, to the chance of winning, by hedging, scanning for weird odds, etc.

Bookies offer odds based on their own opinion, previous form and how much money they've recieved for that bet / person / outcome.

Because it uses the above, it often can give rediculously high or low odds for things that are not realistic.

So for example, Enzo Macrenelli who fought last night, was given 1/20 to win (basically that is the bookies saying he's such a dead cert to win, he's going to walk it - hence we don't want to offer you good odds).

Incase you don't know, 1/20 means I put on £100 and only win £5. A very bad, risk to reward ratio there.

Now the bookies got this completely wrong possibly due to previous form and the amount of money they were recieving for him to win, but Enzo got his arse handed to him in the fight.

Now, despite the bookies getting this completely wrong and making it 4/6 within the 1st round of the fight instead, its an example of how they can be wrong (however in this case, I can't make money as they've got it wrong the wrong way).

On the flip side, sometimes they get it wrong the other way, maybe because it's something they didn't pay a lot of attention to, something which hasn't recieved much money, a particular combinations of bets / or a each way bet that they've missed.

For example, a few years ago in F1.

Coultard had issues in quali which meant he was stuck in the pits rather than setting a lap, he qualied something like 15th. Despite this, in the practice sessions his lap times would of suggested he should of qualified about 7-9th... It was said the race would be wet.

On the bookies, i scanned the odds and found that they had given 'Coultard to finish in the top 10' as 8-1! That's rediculously high... thats like saying (in bookie terms) this will not happen - therefore we want your money.

For slow people it means you put £50 and get £450 back.

A high reward / risk ratio...

Anyway, I placed the bet (probably hedged it, by betting on something which would occur if coultard crashed / slipped off - e.g. Webber would beat coultard in the race) - and surprise surprise coultard finished 8th.

John, I don't bet on 'anything' and don't bet often. I wait for things I notice in the odds which I think the bookies have got wrong and make the bet.

Overall, it means the bets I place bets on generally have a high probability of happening, so I rarely lose. If I do lose, I hedge them so that I minimise losses and don't lose much.

= Best case win a lot
= Worst case lose v.little.
Marc

15th Mar 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I kept waiting for Berrera to get going, I kept think he was biding his time. Never know now!
gsi-gaz

15th Mar 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont get this "headbutt" thats goin about it was a clash of heads, he didnt go to butt him, i thought kahns speed was too much for him, i dnt think it wud of gone the distance, the only punch that barrera did land, did wobble kahn a bit.

i think kahns camp no he he aint got a good chin so thats why he's in and out and i think cos of that he is losing power, he still has a lot of power, but i thinkhe is gonna have to get used to goin the distance if he wants to go onto bigger and better things

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » khan v berrera predictions 25 database queries in 0.0143149 seconds