corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » E36 328i coupe OR corrado 2.0 16v?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E36 328i coupe OR corrado 2.0 16v?
sand-eel

User status: Offline
8th Apr 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After having a bmw it will be very hard to go back to a smaller FWD car, the only problem I find with e36s is bmw made everything complicated....but very easy to work on.
You can still transplant the old lsd cars diff onto a newer one anyway, the diffs usually go for around £250-300.
The newer cars also have dimples on the top edge of the headlights to break up the air flow so stoping wind whistle.
sand-eel

8th Apr 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AMVx0CnYsI

exhaust
this one has the bigger inlet also.
Corsa_Sport21

8th Apr 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
After having a bmw it will be very hard to go back to a smaller FWD car, the only problem I find with e36s is bmw made everything complicated....but very easy to work on.
You can still transplant the old lsd cars diff onto a newer one anyway, the diffs usually go for around £250-300.
The newer cars also have dimples on the top edge of the headlights to break up the air flow so stoping wind whistle.

The 328i sport LSD's are pretty hard to come by.M3 LSD's are easier to get hold of and bolt straight up.The M3 Evo LSD however dosnt.
sand-eel

8th Apr 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah for the evos you need the whole back and diffs, driveshafts, subframe etc
Jake

8th Apr 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corrado but definately get the valver or a vr. look at it as a long term investment because they'll only ever go up in value if its kept in good condition
mk4_astra

8th Apr 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mate of mine had a 16v corrado and he misses it like mad, he loved the way it drove etc but he said it just wasnt very quick.

if i got the corrado i would be constantly thinking if only i got the bmw everytime i put my foot down.

in standard form a 328 is quick(very slightly quicker than a golf vr6) and like you say a few simple mods and you have 230-240bhp thanks to bmw tuning DOWN the 328 engine due to german emission laws at the time
Damian_666

9th Apr 09 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aron
oh right!

what's the handling like? would coilovers sort it right out?

did any of them come without that shocking wood effect dash?

what engine am i looking for? 2.4t?

well iv got back from buying my 850 T5R and wow! i love it! alot of power (which sounds like a focus st) and comfort. well its boatish, but yes a set of coil overs would sort it out a treat. some models of the c70 come normal black dash. my 850 dont, but iv been driving it in the dark, so couldnt see it! the engine your looking for is the 2.3 t5 engine. thats the one with 240bhp!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » E36 328i coupe OR corrado 2.0 16v? 23 database queries in 0.0121100 seconds