corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Moto GP : Qatar : 8.45pm : BBC 3

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Moto GP : Qatar : 8.45pm : BBC 3
Half Pint

User status: Offline
14th Apr 09 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stoner is a good rider but his personality stinks....

Rossi is a true sportsman which is why i'd pick him any day and prefer him to win over the wanker aussie!

[Edited on 14-04-2009 by Half Pint]
fir3vip3r

14th Apr 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
stoner is a good rider but his personality stinks....

Rossi is a true sportsman which is why i'd pick him any day and prefer him to win over the wanker aussie!

[Edited on 14-04-2009 by Half Pint]

true sportsman? ive seen him put many unsportsmanly moves on a few riders in the past.

great ride by stoner, love the way he rides that bike, completely different to anyone else.

why do people always slate him because hes great on the ducati, surely half of being a good rider is to get the right bike for you etc.

it doesnt matter what hed be like on a honda because hes not on a fucking honda.
Daimo B

14th Apr 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r

true sportsman? ive seen him put many unsportsmanly moves on a few riders in the past.

I didn't want to get too involved, but 100% agree.

Thats not to say I dislike Rossi, I love him, i'd have his babies....... But a true sportsman he isn't

what about Kallio 1st Race, customer team. Good riding!!

Oh, also, those saying Stoners a whinger...... Max Biaggi, Sete, major whingers when they couldn't beat Rossi, but at least Stoner CAN beat Rossi...

Mr Rossi has been known to do his fair share of whinging as well. he moaned quite alot about his bike in 2006 IIRC and he also complained quite loudly about the Michellin tyres before switching to Bridgestones last year... Remember he was whinging so much he actually got his side of the team to switch tyres from his team-mate.

Everyone whinges, Rossi whinges, Stoner whinges, Edwards whinges,
Hamilton whinges, Massa whinges, Riakkanon whinges.....

Of course your going to whinge if your not got the absolute best available.. Racers want to win funnily enough...

[Edited on 14-04-2009 by VXR]
jr

14th Apr 09 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i just su this up by saying i despise stoner, and love rossi

also, IMO, untill stoner does a rossi, and switches bikes to win a world championship on an inferour bike i wont ever hold them in the same respect

jr

14th Apr 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

it doesnt matter what hed be like on a honda because hes not on a fucking honda.

he's been ona honda, and didnt pull up any tree's, he was ducatis 5th choie to ride with them 2 years back

no doubt his riding style suits the ducati, and the same the other way, hence the lack of ducati winners (bar bayliss) what im saying is, if he was on a bike that demanded a diffrent style (like rossi has to develop diffrent styles for diffrent bikes) would he be where he was ? i doubt it very much

stoner and ducati are made for each other, but its more luck than judgement imo
Daimo B

14th Apr 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

he's been ona honda, and didnt pull up any tree's, he was ducatis 5th choie to ride with them 2 years back

no doubt his riding style suits the ducati, and the same the other way, hence the lack of ducati winners (bar bayliss) what im saying is, if he was on a bike that demanded a diffrent style (like rossi has to develop diffrent styles for diffrent bikes) would he be where he was ? i doubt it very much

stoner and ducati are made for each other, but its more luck than judgement imo

Slating someone for their first season or so in MotoGP.... How well has any motoGP who entered that year done??

Also, winning combinations, Stoner, Ducati.....

Like Schmacher and Ferrari
Doohan and Honda
Swantzch and Suzuki
Pedrosa and Honda.

Ironically Pedrosa is the biggest whinger in the paddock, but no-one ever says a bad word about him. I think he's the real motoGP whinger, but you never see him up front so don't see his whinges. At least Stoner wins on his bike. At least Stoner beats Rossi, at least Stoner is there, otherwise the championship wouldn't exist. It would be Rossi, Rossi, Rossi... So be thankfull such a good rider IS there giving us some 1st/2nd action....

Mr HondaSan.
Velly Vell done Mr Hayden-san. We happy we win world championship..
As weeward, we take next year bike-san, and build it around mini-mi-san from 250 and spend millions on it.....

How well has Mr Pedrosa done on about 3 bikes built specificially around him???????? Meanwhile Hayden gets shunted.

Rossi is the best rider, but for anyone to say Stoner cannot ride a motorcycle really should step away from motorcycle racing and use their knowledge to stuff teddies or something.....

fir3vip3r

14th Apr 09 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
can i just su this up by saying i despise stoner, and love rossi

also, IMO, untill stoner does a rossi, and switches bikes to win a world championship on an inferour bike i wont ever hold them in the same respect

im just glad someones able to challenge and beat rossi, got a bit boring when he was winning all the time
jimmy 2.1

14th Apr 09 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pedrosa = the new Biaggi. Amazing on the smaller bikes, but will never dow anything in the top class.

Rossi, all round hero, amazing rider/developer etc etc, nothing more can be said.

Stoner, another amazing rider imo. Always been fast, but in the past had the tendancy to throw the bike down the road. Now he's stopped doing that he seem unstoppable on the Desmo. As a rider i like him, as a personality i don't. I think he'll be another Doohan and stick with one manufacturer, but do hope he tries to 'test' himself on another bike. His first year on the Cecchinello Honda doesn't count as he was only a rookie in the top class
Daimo B

14th Apr 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jimmy, perfect sum up of what I think also.

New generation riders????

Dovi (he's my future WC tip, you read it here firs ).
Stoner

I'd like to see some of the 250 boys come up next year..
Simoncelli (just because of the hair )
Bautista!
jimmy 2.1

14th Apr 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next couple of seasons will be Rossi and Stoner, with Dovi and Lorenzo getting stronger and taking over when Rossi retires.

Other i can see doing well are Julion Simon from 125's, aswell as Scott Redding. From the 250's, Mattea Passini, Alvaro Bautista, Marco Simonccelli, Mike Di Meglio and Hector Barbera
jr

14th Apr 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Rossi is the best rider, but for anyone to say Stoner cannot ride a motorcycle really should step away from motorcycle racing and use their knowledge to stuff teddies or something.....

i idnt say that, i said would he be as good on a honda or yamaha
fir3vip3r

14th Apr 09 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

i idnt say that, i said would he be as good on a honda or yamaha

hey, i didnt say that
jr

14th Apr 09 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres vxr, i want him to discuss how much stoner uses tc and intelegent engine maps
Daimo B

15th Apr 09 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

wheres vxr, i want him to discuss how much stoner uses tc and intelegent engine maps

Everyone does........

the only major difference this year is Stoners on a carbon chassis.

End of the day James, Stoner CAN ride a bike, end of, no arguments.

Where did Rossi come at Qatar? Everything else aside, who came first, who came 2nd?

That means Stoner can ride. He's not as good as Rossi, but he's the next best thing out there.

Is Massa a crap driver becuase he came 2nd last year in F1????
jr

15th Apr 09 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo you reacted more than i thought )

[Edited on 15-04-2009 by jr]
Daimo B

15th Apr 09 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS, I can't even have a discussion about something I enjoy on here then?

You love Rossi, I love Rossi, I just appreciate Stoner being an excellent rider as well...
jr

15th Apr 09 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not all all, i just wasnt sure which way you were going to go with it, a similar post on ph got all the stoner fans in a huff
Daimo B

15th Apr 09 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No more in a huff than you'd get if someone says to you that Rossi can't ride and Fords are all rustbuckets???

Everyone in MotoGP is a fantastic rider. They have to be to get to the position...

Becuase they are not simply awesome, doesn't mean they can't ride.

Just look at Guintoli this weekend in BSB. Rear end of the grid (substandard bike) in MotoGP, but comes to England and wins 1, come 2nd, at a track he's never been to in his life.....

Does that mean all UK riders are REALLY crap in BSB???

[Edited on 15-04-2009 by VXR]
corsa - gus

15th Apr 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stoner is a brilliant rider and there is no doubt he is quick, however he bears an un-canny resembelance to Colin McRae for me, he has to be flat out at all times! Even when he is out infront he keeps chapping on, which has led to him falling of while ahead previously, whereas Rossi doesn't do that. Also Rossi has the ability to take a 2nd place rather than take a risk to win whereas Stoner is a bit more of a gambler in that situation. That is why he won't be as successful as Rossi imo. But as I say there is no doubt he is extremely quick, also his personality does him no favours.

Surprise packages for me this year will be de Angelis and Dovi imo! My favourite riders are Rossi and Dovi, I like Stoner aswell but I don't want to. On another note, it would be awesome to have Max Biaggi back, I used to love Max!!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Moto GP : Qatar : 8.45pm : BBC 3 23 database queries in 0.0160730 seconds