corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Hard drives - Setting priorities as such?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hard drives - Setting priorities as such?
swill_omnibus

User status: Offline
17th Apr 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Get a presario XP pc.

Recently I've noticed my C: Drive (main drive) was running extremely low on memory, so I've bought an external hard-drive for files IE: Word files, images etc and also got installed a slave drive (250GB IDE) so what I done now is uninstalled anything I could like games, small programs etc and chucked on there to hopefully free up my main C: drive.

But after doing all that my main drive still seems to fluctuate between upto 200MB free to 0MB free!

I do clean the drives IE: Ccleaner etc but still doesn't bode much success.

So.

Is it possible to swap my current C: drive priority to the new slave drive (G:) all in an effort to help the PC perform more efficiently?

[Edited on 17-04-2009 by swill_omnibus]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
17th Apr 09 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get Windirstat and see where the usage is.

http://windirstat.info/

New Poll